300ish to 127 [pic heavy]

Options
Oh, where do I begin?

I have always been a little bit overweight. Even in high school.
Untitled.jpg

I really got out of control while in college.This is me at my heaviest. About 300-ish. Give or take a couple pounds. A size 28. Terribly unhappy with myself.

P1000703.jpg
P5230019.jpg

While in a bad living situation, I lost some weight. It may not have been the healthiest thing for me, but it did give me a good kick in the a**. I felt I could finally be healthy and lose all the weight. Maybe I could find my confidence.

This picture really sparked it for me. I had to do something. I joined MFP and began to work my butt off...literally.

DSC00002.jpg

What follows is my journey in pictures.

090900_140500.jpg
DSC00026.jpg
Untitled-1.png
2012-05-12_18-21-43_496.jpg
2012-07-07_16-11-03_361.jpg
2012-07-07_16-10-55_257.jpg
2012-06-09_21-48-00_931.jpg

At about 139:
2012-08-07_15-47-59_723.jpg

My very first time comfortably in a bikini. Granted, not the best picture of me, but I'm damn proud of it.
7_imagejpeg_2.jpg

And, now. Me 127.6 pounds. My goal is 125. I'm a size 4/5/Small US.
2012-10-28_14-19-42_39.jpg
2012-10-28_14-20-06_909.jpg

It's really the small victories that make this so worth it. The ability to run up and down my apartment stairs without being even slightly winded. The ability to wear any boot I fancy. <3 I don't feel cramped in seats anymore, and just so many other things.

I'm so overwhelmed by emotions just writing this. It's been such a long journey. Over a lifetime really.

I have so many people ask how I did it. Many ask me if I did anything special. I almost feel bad when I tell them no. In reality, it's all about portion control, the ability to say no and exercising. Nothing special. Live and love your life.
*Edit*
It's taken me about a year and half from the time that I joined MFP (about 204 pounds) to get to here. Over all, with on and off dieting, it's been almost four years.

For those wanting to know sizes and measurements:
5'4''
Size then: 26/28 jeans US XXL in shirts and dresses
Sizes now: 4/5/27" jeans US Small in most shirts and dresses.
I'm sorry that I don't have exact measurements, but these do well enough I think. :P
*/Edit*

I may not be the best at expressing my journey in words, but I hope these pictures can inspire and keep up the hopes of others.

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! you look great! truly inspirational!!!
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well done and at the best time in your life
  • Neffjb84
    Neffjb84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! This story is so inspiring for me :-) Thanks for sharing!
  • amandaraecarter
    amandaraecarter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Sometimes it is the bad situations that give us that kick in the a** that we need!! I hope to have my own success story soon as I am just starting on this journey.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I'm down the the last 15-20 lbs. of my weight loss journey/life changes at the moment and finding it really hard to stay focused, but this is truly inspirational. You look fabulous!!
  • bananabrownie
    Options
    You just keep getting beautifuler and beautifuler<3

I am so, so amazed at your weight loss! You are a very strong young woman, and I think we would all be lucky to know a girl like you with this much inner strength! You go girl :D
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :noway: wow ... just .... WOW! :flowerforyou:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You are stunning! I am very proud that you have been able to lose all that weight. THANK YOU for sharing your story. YOU have totally inspired me. I keep thinking I can't get down to 140 but seeing how you accomplished so much it gives me hope.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Again, THANK YOU!!!
    :happy:
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation. You must feel so much different! That has really inspired me. Stunning. Well done xx
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's totally amazing; you look like an entirely different person! Congratulations.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    WOW, girl. WOW. Holy crap wow. You look amazing, truly amazing, and beautiful. Please tell me some more specs? Height, age, etc? What are your measurements? How long did it take?

Thanks!
    98118 Posts: 3
    Options
    *WOW* nicely done! How long did it take?
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look fabulous! Thanks so much for posting the pics - I needed some motivation, since I am almost as big as you were, and I know it can be done.

Keep up the good work - you are beautiful and amazing!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!You look great!
  • RDHome224
    Options
    You look amazing! You have inspired me (ALOT) too keep at it, I hate how I look right now, and you show that clearly with work I can actually like myself again! Thanks so much for the pics!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Amazing! Absolutely amazing!!
  • LockStockNSam
    LockStockNSam Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    An inspiration! So proud of your hard work, wow. Amazing :)
    98118 Posts: 3
    Options
    *WOW* nicely done! How long did it take?
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, you look fantastic!! Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!