Lifting & Eating ⊱✿ Photoshoot ✿⊰

I've been meaning to write a progress report for many months now. Gosh, how times flies when you're having so much fun!!

I started off April 7, 2011 @ 160.2lbs. I set a GW of 140lbs & have YET to see that number on the scale. My lowest weight (145lbs) was last March before running my 1st 1/2Mary.
In the beginning: SW: 160.2
resized2_zpsc3f18705.jpg

These are the only "before" shots I have with such little clothing.
resize_zps2128d27a.jpg

I was losing fine in the beginning, keeping my cals on the low end. I ran a little, but I did not lifts weights of any kind. To be frank, I didn't see the use in spending unnecessary money on a gym membership. In August 2011, I hit the plateau from H-E-Double Hockey Stix! I think I have tried everything known to man to break it. I was 148lbs for a very long time. I just knew cardio & 1200-1350 cals was the answer to my prayers and since running burns the most cals in the shortest amount of time, I began to run more and more. However, the more I ran, the more I stayed exactly the same.

In December 2011, I bought some small "barbie" weights for home use, a BIG pink stability ball, an Ultimate Body Press, and some sand--to make a homemade sandbag, using a backpack. All of this worked really well for 2 months while I created some workout routines from BodyRock.tv, Zumba, P90X, and Insanity.

In January 2012, I started training for my 1st 1/2 Mary to be held in April.

In February 2012, I realized I would need some heavy weights to accomplish the goals I wanted, so I broke down and joined a nearby gym. I weighed 147.5 lbs (still on a plateau). I was running 3-4 times a week and lifting a couple days a week--but not really into heavy lifting. I was still eating in the 1200-1350 ballpark, with a Spike Day once a week.

After the race in April, I began a "Body Reset". I basically didn't watch as closely the things I was eating, and I took a bit of a rest from running. It was summertime, and I vacationed much of it. My weight stayed the same--hovering around the 146-148lb mark.

In August 2012, I began seriously lifting. I bought and read the NROL book, which I created my own routines with the help of this book. To be quite honest, the book was too confusing for this blonde to follow. I alternated heavy lift weeks with lighter lift weeks, with more reps on the lighter lift weeks.

In October 2012, I began training for my 2nd 1/2 Mary to be held in December. With the increased running, came increased food and carb intake and much less lifting. I felt like I was back at square 1. On November 30, the day before the race, I weighed 152.2 lbs--the most I've weighed in a year! (Albeit, the excess poundage came from water and a Cortisol shift due to eustress for the race.)

I had made a deal with "HelloItsDan" in November that after the race, I would give his IPOARM ideas a shot. What did I really have to lose? After all, I've been the same weight since August 2011--give or take 5lbs.

On Decemeber 1, 2012, I started eating MORE. Going from 1200-1350cals to 2000cals per day--every day! On most days, I try to get my protein intake out of the way because trying to consume 150g of good protein each day takes a little planning. I miss it some days, but not usually. After I have met my protein requirement, the other cals are used for carbs and stuff I like to eat--like frozen yogurt with raw pecans. Most days, I make a Green Monster using whey protein or eat Quest Bars to meet the protein requirement.

I am lifting heavy 3 times a week and lighter 2 times a week combined with running sprints. I am not currently distance running, nor training for any other races at the moment.

December 29, 2012
CW: 150.4
Net Loss 1.8 lbs

I still have a TON of work because I am NO WHERE near my goals, but at least I feel like I am finally heading in the right direction. Plateau--Be Gone!!

Before and After Abs
resized_zps789e6924.jpg

I've always had thighs, hips, and a der·ri·ère…..no point in trying to squeeze all this into a size "2"!
resize2_zps13f04ba1.jpg

Say cheese!
resize_zps8c8de941.jpg

Special Thanks to my amazing MFP friends for all of your support. I couldn't do this without each of you :)
Dan "helloitsdan" :heart: :heart: Jason "4theking" :heart: :heart: Starla "StarIsMoving"
Craig "lbmore33" :heart: :heart: Brooke "brookepenni" :heart: :heart: Jo "jomatho"
Cindy "keeponkickin" :heart: :heart: Kristiina "Kristiina67" :heart: :heart: Nicole "ncuneo"
Amanda "mandipandi75" :heart: :heart: Basil "basillowe66" :heart: :heart: Karla "kgblue"

IPOARM
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    ;D
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    First, thank you for sharing your journey. Second, what I take from your story is that you have accomplished living a healthy lifestyle. I was so impressed with all that you do to keep yourself and your body healthy (marathons, weightlifting, etc.). The fact that you have not gotten to a target weight while I can understand your disappointment and frustration is not really what life is about. Life is about living well and from my read you are doing that. Once again, thank you.
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    You are my hero! :love:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Beautiful!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Awesome job!!!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    WTG!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for sharing!! Your story is very similar to mine...minus the success at the end! I am devoting January to beginning weight training along with HIIT.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Nice nice nice!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    so awesome to read!! you look awesome!!
    and i agree, i LOVE dan and IPOARM <3
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    I am SO proud of you. We've been on this journey together for a while and following the same routine. We'll reach those goals together and hopefully others will read your story and stop starving themselves and start lifting heavy. :drinker:
  • kg6blue
    kg6blue Posts: 59 Member
    Awh... you included me in your story!!! blush blush!!!

Very proud of you and your commitment... you don't lose sight of where you're going and I'm very proud of you for that!!!

The number on the scale isn't where you want it to be... but man those abs sure are a success story if I've ever seen one!!!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Such a great story! Thanks for sharing.
  • OMG darling!!! You wrote it out and have done SOOOOO amazing!!!! You are A-w-e-s-o-m-e! You have worked so hard and have accomplished so very much! You just keep rocking those 1/2 Marys and kicking @ss!!!
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Awe....thanks you all. You sure do know how to make a girl's day--and it was my birthday on Sunday and only one of you knew it.
    Just the same...I am blessed beyond words.
    My life is full & overflowing with support.

I forgot to add to this story that the BEST workouts are the ones you create for yourself. No ONE workout will help you reach your fitness goals. You need to alter them to fit you, your body type, lifestyle, and training ability.

Also, the one question I love being asked is: "Are you a personal trainer?" :laugh:
    Cracks me up every time!!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Look at you!! You've done a hell of a job! You are an inspiration to me. I'm so proud of you! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: I missed your birthday!! Happy Belated birthday my beautiful friend!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: I missed your birthday!! Happy Belated birthday my beautiful friend!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

No worries, lovely.
    No one really celebrates their 25th bday.
    They tell me that you have a meltdown at 29, before you're 30th.
    Then, people may throw you a party.
    We'll see in 4 years if that happens to me! :laugh:
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Congrats on your success. You look great and have come a long way!

You have been successful not only for the hard work you have put in but also because of your relentless effort. I have enjoyed working with you and have no doubt you will reach your goals. Sounds to me with your current routine, you are well on your way. I look forward to watching you reach your goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!