Bill Phillip's Workout Program - Body For Life

Options
Is anybody else followiing Bill Phillips Workout Program Body For Life? If so is it working for you?

Replies

• alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did it for 12 weeks with great success 12 years ago. My bodyfat went down 9% and I lost 15 pounds. It reshaped my body completely post-baby. I tried to do another 12 week session but gave up after 7. Obviously the 'Life' part didn't stick because I yoyoed and have regained an average of 2-3 pounds/year since.. I am currently following the weight training methodology although I don't bother with calf exercises and I add more core training.

I think the great part about it was the structure but I just couldn't stick with the eating. The concept is great, but the low fat part was too low. I didn't actually lose weight for 7 weeks until I added flaxseed oil to my diet. I actually have all my old logs which I think were really the key to it all plus the community support on the message boards.
  • Jdieball
    Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did it too about 12 years ago too. I lost 40lbs and am starting again tomorrow. I wish it would get more popular again and more people on MFP would do it and talk about it. I unfortunately fell off of it and gained the weight back. I can't wait to get back down.
  • nealwalk
    nealwalk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Body For Life! Been using it off and on for past 15 years. Currently doing Bill’s 5/25 Transformation routine which is similar but the workouts take about half the time and are more intense in my opinion. I eat pretty the Eating For Lifestyle and use myfitnesspal to record macros. Every time I’ve stuck with Bill Phillips’s programs I’ve lost fat and gained muscle no problem. This time around I started at 213.2 lbs on May 8, 2017 and I’m currently 184.2 lbs as of October 19, 2017. It works! Love it!