Stomach pain from fried food or dairy

Options
jmeyer925
jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
Ever since a good deal losing weight, I think my body is trying to signal to me to continue to be good lol. When I eat anything really fried or lots of dairy my stomach is in real pain. Before you jump to the obvious conclusion, it's not my gallbladder. I've had extensive testing done, and it's as good as gold. I've also had blood work done and nothing obvious there.

Just kind of curious if anyone has had anything similar? :smile:

Replies

• kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw your post I was going to jump in and say gallbladder.
    I'm sorry I can't help you, but glad that isn't it... it is not a fun issue to have.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A gallbladder should never be gold! That's totally toxic!

I will offer lactose intolerance and IBS, neither of which can be cured, but can be managed.

My digestive tract is wildly unpredictable. I know, I know, everybody likes excitement, but man. I am so over it.

Good luck (and sorry for lack of helpfulness).
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    The only pain I had from diary was when I was taking an aspirin a day. I quit doing it. The pain went away.
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always thought the exact same thing.I would take Saturdays off and eat whatever I wanted..and boy did I pay for it.And then I found out recently that I have Celiac Disease.
    Good luck!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Your body can adjust to not having to deal with those food, so it has a hard time reintroducing them. Why go back if it just causes problems?
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    I get a sore, crampy stomach from a portion of chips, and also bad bloating if I have a big dessert or even a chocolate bar. I have also been eating very healthily for some time now. There's nothing wrong with me at all, I just don't think my body appreciates junk food!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was eating fried and unhealthy foods, not so much dairy though. It seemed like I had tummy pain and issues at least 3 times a week. The last 7 weeks of my healthy eating plan, I have not been sick or in pain once. It is enough for me to not go back to my old habits. I feel great.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When you listen to your body whisper, you will never have to hear it scream......
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When you listen to your body whisper, you will never have to hear it scream......

Love!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Ever since a good deal losing weight, I think my body is trying to signal to me to continue to be good lol. When I eat anything really fried or lots of dairy my stomach is in real pain. Before you jump to the obvious conclusion, it's not my gallbladder. I've had extensive testing done, and it's as good as gold. I've also had blood work done and nothing obvious there.

Just kind of curious if anyone has had anything similar? :smile:

you probably have a mild dairy sensitivity, which isn't uncommon. my girlfriend has the exact same issues, and it's all about fixing your digestion. probiotics help a ton, as do digestive enzymes with meals.

good luck!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

i'm stealing this because it's perfect.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I would call it basic gut rot. It doesn't have to be a medical problem, just your body saying eww.
  • bethapfau
    Options
    yesterday I ate a stick of low fat string cheese and I had lower stomach cramps for two hours Ugh!!! It is not consistent, but I will at times have this reaction when I eat dairy, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Epic post
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options

i'm stealing this because it's perfect.

Perfectly said!
  • yoshiyoga
    Options

I love this! Oh and I also have dairy sensitivity and discovered I am slightly lactarded, but apparently that is common especially with Asians. Your body just probably has gotten so used to not having fried food and dairy, that when it's brought back it's kind of like having 7 shots of tequila in the middle of a wine tasting....
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info and support! Lots of things to think about! Think mainly... steer clear of tummy upsetting foods! Don't want my body screaming :wink: