21 day sugar detox, any others??

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
Is there anyone else out there doing the 21 day sugar detox or anything similar that calls for cutting out all sugar, starchy carbs, grains, gluten, and artificial sugars? I would love some support. I am on Day 5 and finally feeling over the hump.

http://balancedbites.com/category/21-day-sugar-detox

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

That's a couple of versions. I didn't pay for any of the books or anything b/c it's pretty simple to just avoid the bad stuff. I've been eating Paleo/Primal/makers diet on and off for the past couple of years. (when I'm on i lose weight and feel great, ofcourse) trying to stop the off/on cycle and make it a lifestyle with this detox as a head start!

Please no negativity, If this kind of lifestyle isn't what you agree with please keep your opinions to yourself. I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else is in my boat :) Thanks!

Replies

• katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am only on a seven-day detox, which is really how I eat anyway, with the exception of coffee. I've been struggling with the coffee missing, but once my seven days are over, I will go with green tea.

I think we have gotten over the hump, don't you? I had a killer headache at first, and very little energy. I just wanted to sleep and until my week was over! But feel much better now.

How are you feeling?
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of atkins( well i wasn;t doing it right for all the 9 days) but in that I have not touched any sugar, and kept my carbohydrates low. It was hard, had dreadful headache, tired, craved badly but feel Ive come through it.
    Aim now is to stick to it and stay away from sugar.
    I still drink 20-25 mugs coffee daily and have done for decades.
    On we go to day 21.
  • ccounihan
    ccounihan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES!! I totally agree with you that once you get over the "hump" of the first detox days, you start to notice changes in how you feel. What level are you doing?

I'm Day 1, Level 2. I have done something similar in the past and really jump-kicked weight loss.

If you're on Facebook, you should look for the 21 Day Sugar Detox group. Every day, Charissa (Balanced Bites) sends out an encouragement post and I would say about 100 people "check-in".

If you're on Pinterest, you should find her 21DSD page and pin some good recipes. I've found some smoothies that look good!

Here's to you having a good 2nd week on the detox!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Yes, I follow the 21 day sugar detox facebook page. I'm not sure exactly what level i'm doing. I do allow some dairy, like full fat butter when cooking, but other than that no dairy, no sugar, no artificial sugar, no grains, no gluten, no starchy veggies. (like potato or sweet potato) I might would eat sweet potato every now and then if I'm working out.

I'm still feeling really good, lots of energy I spring cleaned my apt this weekend and had tons of energy to play with my 2 yr old. The only bad moment was last night I was craving something sweet really bad. Sometimes the cravings still hit me. I'm on Day 8.
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on Day 5 and just weighed in for the first time. I'm down 13.2 pounds! Yes, I know most of that is water, but I'm feeling great and super motivated to continue.
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I plan to start July 1st. Has anyone started again?