Workin out in my....

Options
elijhasmomma
elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
Ok, so here's the Q....I guess it would be better to wear more clothing to sweat more during a workout...but is it bad to work out in next to nothing?! LOL!! I ask because when I work out in my home I sweat my *kitten* off and man I'm constantly washing clothes and get heated faster. I feel better if I workout in my sports bra, insulated gym belt, and some boy shorts (my underoooooos). Am I stopping something good here by doing this???

Replies

• 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Less is more
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You just made a lot of people smile.
    Stay away from windows and you can wear as little as you want
    It's better to be comfy and do more exercise than uncomfy and just sweat.
    sweating alone only helps with water loss.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    I dress light. It gives me more freedom, and allows me to show off my sexy bod. (ha!) I am a cyclist, so in summer, I dress light, but in winter, I wear a sweater. If I am always going against cold air, my pores cannot let out sweat, so I have to wear something over my body to allow the pores to release sweat. warm weather.....not necessary
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I say lose the chonies chica. Boy shorts crawl up the anal cleft, causing excessive friction.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    <-- endorses less clothing (for women)
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    I say lose the chonies chica. Boy shorts crawl up the anal cleft, causing excessive friction.

anal cleft...
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Guy code....never tell a hot chick to work out in MORE clothes.
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    I dress light. It gives me more freedom, and allows me to show off my sexy bod. (ha!) I am a cyclist, so in summer, I dress light, but in winter, I wear a sweater. If I am always going against cold air, my pores cannot let out sweat, so I have to wear something over my body to allow the pores to release sweat. warm weather.....not necessary

haha totally get this. when i jog outdoors i like to wear least as possible but since im not where i need to be physically i have to settle for tank tops and shorts. when the winter and fall comes i usually drop to a capri or pant and keep the tank top simply because it is cold LOL
  • elijhasmomma
    Options

i would say they are a bit more like boxers that i workout in. i dnt work out in my actual panties LOL not what i would wear out on the town. More like what I would comfortable sleep in. I def have no problem with "diggin draws" out while im exercising cuz thats the least of my worries :laugh:
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    <-- endorses less clothing (for women)

its only in my home by myself LOLOLOLOL
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    In my bedroom... sports bra and undies. Maybe more in the winter, but for now, it's too hot... and it means more laundry.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I must be weird because I find that pajamas are the best workout clothes for me. They are light and let your skin breathe.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo clearly. I wear MORE to work out in because I want to sweat hard. Yoga pants, Tshirt and jacket
    The jacket is off as soon as I'm done though
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    I'm a weirdo clearly. I wear MORE to work out in because I want to sweat hard. Yoga pants, Tshirt and jacket
    The jacket is off as soon as I'm done though

shucks if it helped u drop 86lbs im down to try that!! lol i will probably incorporate more clothing as i start to lose more weight. thanks for that!
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Workout in a thong! I'd pay to see that!
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    Workout in a thong! I'd pay to see that!

someone missed the "anal cleft" comment lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    That's just a myth!
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    I have a gym in my finished basement, so I weightlift and do my cardio in the privacy of my home............nude. I've exercised nude for years and find it to be very comfortable. No sticky clothes or elastic waist bands to restrict movement. And I do work up a sweat. I keep an old beach towel handy to wipe my brow. Wouldn't exercise any other way. I chuckle when I watch exercise video's and see the trainers constantly adjusting their clothes. Exercise nude and you don't have that problem.
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    I have a gym in my finished basement, so I weightlift and do my cardio in the privacy of my home............nude. I've exercised nude for years and find it to be very comfortable. No sticky clothes or elastic waist bands to restrict movement. And I do work up a sweat. I keep an old beach towel handy to wipe my brow. Wouldn't exercise any other way. I chuckle when I watch exercise video's and see the trainers constantly adjusting their clothes. Exercise nude and you don't have that problem.

Now I'm feeling like I had a stroke of genius when I strted working out like this lol. I guess it's also a great time to let your body breathe and get some fresh air. Here's to anothe Zumba workout in my skimmies! :laugh:
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    I understand the need for a certain part of a woman's anatomy to be supported especially when doing something like Zumba, so a sports bra or something else may be desirable, but other than that, in the privacy of your own home, why wear anything else?