Dr. Oz...IT'S A TRAP!

Options
michelejoann
michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
So I'm at work, and my boss has the TV on turned to Dr. Oz. Now I know how A LOT of you feel about him and his methods, but this REALLY takes the cake. On his show today, he's got about 10-12 morbidly obese women sitting there, including the world's fattest woman.

I really want to just go to these women and tell them that he is the anti-christ, and that the path to weight loss isn't some superfood or miracle diet of the week -- BUT it is cutting back the amount of food you do eat and being generally aware of what you put into your body. I mean, for chrissakes...they showed a woman SHOVING a huge slice of pizza into her mouth. I'm sorry, but that is not entertainment. It's embarrassing, and I'm sure they'd be ashamed to see themselves in that bad lighting/reality.

Want to lose weight? Turn off Dr. Oz, get up off your *kitten* and take a walk. Then repeat.

Bad, Dr. Oz...BAD!!!

Replies

• Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've never seen his show but had my mom here for the week and the one she was watching had every single person in the audience holding a fricking plastic container with their pee in it and he was making everyone smell them and tell him what they thought there urine smelled like to them. I wasn't grossed out by it or anything but it just seemed really lame and totally inappropriate for regular TV. He bugs me for some reason I don't know why but he just does.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

Bwa ha ha!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

Teeheeheeheehee, I like that very much
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

YES!!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I've never seen his show but had my mom here for the week and the one she was watching had every single person in the audience holding a fricking plastic container with their pee in it and he was making everyone smell them and tell him what they thought there urine smelled like to them. I wasn't grossed out by it or anything but it just seemed really lame and totally inappropriate for regular TV. He bugs me for some reason I don't know why but he just does.

Wow. Yeah, I'd really love to tell my friends & family about appearing on that episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VtxUUmkY_U
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm still stuck on the fact that you are at work and can watch TV!! Jealous.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I avoid that show at all costs.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    those women you saw on his show got paid by men to eat and get fat! they get off on it. they are called feeders. SICK! those women were proud of themselves and saw no reason to be concerned about their health. REALLY? he was willing to help if they wanted help, some of them walked of the stage. never heard of feeders before that show. quack? really?
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My mom swears by Dr Oz. It makes me crazy. She sends me information based on whatever he says. The funny thing is, I have lost 60 lbs doing a diet he said you should never do! LOL! She thinks rainbows come out of his *kitten*. I can show her all the research that proves he is a crackpot and is only after making people feel inadequate in some way, but she just doesn't believe me. It is very sad.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have never liked Dr. Oz, just for the simple fact I feel like he just talks to talk. He has the most extreme case diarrhea of the mouth. I really think he is one of those people if they didn't know the answer to something, instead of just saying I don't know, they will bull crap an answer just so everyone knows they know everything. He gets on my nerves, always has.

Of course that's just my opinion, I have family members who think he poops butterflies and marshmallows.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png
    Lol golden
  • AZDee
    AZDee Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hummmm.....do you think he gets alittle something for all those vitamins and supplements he tells you to take to "stop cancer cells" or to "burn fat"...if we took every pill he show cases on his shows we would be taking hundreds daily....You only need to see his show once or maybe twice and then you have seen it all...He pretty much does the same show over and over just hawking some different supplement each day....
  • TrueEgyptian
    TrueEgyptian Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I never thought about him that way, I liked one health magazine that I bought and he was giving some good tips in it. I don't think he is all that bad. I read a lot of Artichels, magazines and books about good food vs bad and they are all contradicted, for example I made a reaserch about soy and found out that the soy in the USA is not the good kind that is used in Aisa and it's really bad for you. Some people think it's super good and all, and I think with Dr. Oz's tips and suggestions it's the same thing. I just take what I think is good and ignor the rest.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l31tkkEZer1qzc176o1_500.jpg
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Another reason why Oprah should be burned at the stake
  • poshcouture
    Options

LOL I totally A.D.D.'d on that too! But yes, I'm guilty of watching his "show" on several different occasions and every time I turned it one, there was some new weight loss fad. Can we say overpaid info-mercial?
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

Totally! LOL
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Oh man, if you only knew. I don't watch it personally, but my boss has the TV on. (We have security cameras that run through the cable.)

But at my last job, when I was a manager, at my location - I was next to the TV department, so every single day I could look forward to watching American Chopper, Sunrise Earth and whatever else was playing on Discovery HD. That's why I gained weight, because I was sitting on my butt (we weren't that busy) watching TV all day.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to my local Starbucks and order my Skinny latte, the SAME barista always says "You know, Dr. Oz says sugar free anything is actually going to make you gain weight. It's very bad for you. Did you know that?"

One day, I got so fed up with hearing this (I normally brush it off, but I was in a horrible mood) that I just sniped back, "Can Dr. Oz tell me then why you're still fat, yet I'm now a member of the thin brigade? No? Didn't think so." and just walked out.

She never mentioned that effin' quack since.