Best way to track calories burned

Options
I walk and jog a mile every other day (Half and half). However I cant insert in the calories burned cause I have no idea. Tried to google to get an average but it depends on how fast and other factors. The calories I burned per Myfitnesspal cannot possibly be accurate. I highly doubt I burned 473 calories walking and jogging for one mile. What is the best way to track calories burned? And mind you I dont have $100 to spare to buy some fancy watch that will monitor that. Can anyone offer any other solutions?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If you have any type of smartphone, there are a few apps such as endomondo that will work - I find it's pretty accurate with my burns compared to my heart rate monitor as long as I keep my weight about 10 pounds lower than actual on it.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I tell my self....okay today on this machine I am going to burn 200 calories... a number ending in 00. lol. Easier to add up & put on here.

MFP is really easy at tracking.

Once you get off that machine... RUN TO MFP on your phone...go go!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've always found fatburn.com's exercise list under the "free tools" section to be fairly accurate for me. When in doubt, eat a little less.
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i time how long i walk and drove my car to get the miles of my usual route. i walk 2 miles in 40 minutes. so when i looked it up on mfp for walking i put my time at walking 3 miles per hour and it calculates average calories used. not sure how accruate mfp is but close enough for me.