Open diary- give me some advice anyone

Options
Okay I've lost 11 kilos since feb 2012. I think I'm going through a plateau! Does my diary look okay am I on the right track! Should I do weights to rev up my weightless? I do cardio, jazzercise etc
What weights should I start off with?

Replies

• yrhee
    yrhee Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey! Awesome on the weight lost since February!!

It seems like you're doing a pretty good job meeting calories you are aiming for, but I would suggest monitoring saturated fat intake and carbs. I have only looked at the past few days, but I think most of your fats are coming from sources like cheese, meat, peanut butter. Try more avocado or almonds instead? Also, how is your fiber intake? I didn't see much whole grains, fiber, vegetables, or fruit, but again, didn't look all that closely. Your carbs should primarily be coming from whole grains, veggies (peppers, mushrooms, celery, spinach NOT corn). Sometimes beans can even be a hindrance to weight loss--though high in fiber, they are also starchy. Starchy veggies include beets, zucchini, eggplant.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply will read again when get back from jazzercise :)

anymore advice people please!!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey! Awesome on the weight lost since February!!

It seems like you're doing a pretty good job meeting calories you are aiming for, but I would suggest monitoring saturated fat intake and carbs. I have only looked at the past few days, but I think most of your fats are coming from sources like cheese, meat, peanut butter. Try more avocado or almonds instead? Also, how is your fiber intake? I didn't see much whole grains, fiber, vegetables, or fruit, but again, didn't look all that closely. Your carbs should primarily be coming from whole grains, veggies (peppers, mushrooms, celery, spinach NOT corn). Sometimes beans can even be a hindrance to weight loss--though high in fiber, they are also starchy. Starchy veggies include beets, zucchini, eggplant.

I agree with this, get some more fresh veggies and fruits. I'd also adjust your macros for more protein.
  • angel101netta
    Options
    should i do weights???
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Try going low carb for a week or so. (Under 100 carbs a day, not too extreme.)
    It might work :)

Oh, and yes, do some strength/weight training. Even if its just push ups and lunges with bicep curls. Muscle burns more than fat
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    PB fat is fine :) it's good for you!

Honestly, fat is not usually the issue. Dietary fat doesn't CAUSE fat, this has been refuted many times!

I can only tell you that lowering my carbs has worked wonders for me. Not low carb, but just lower. I don't really watch my sugars if they come from fruit, but I do try to limit the carbs from crap, LOL

Weights are definitely something to look into, toning is never a bad thing, and will definitely make you LOOK better, even if they don't promote much weight loss at this point!

Good luck!
  • snailie
    snailie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What exercise do you already do? How many times per week, how long per session etc?
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sugar is one of the biggest culprits for weight gain (or weight loss stagnation). Try to avoid sugar from refined products, whereas consumption of little sugar from natural fruits (Apple, Banana etc) is fine.

One of the major reasons for Plateau is decreased metabolism due to continuous consumption of calories below the average level. It seems that you mostly consume cal below 1500, if yes, then you need to regularize the cal intake to minimum of 1500 (for women and for men its 1800). If you go below that for a prolonged time, your metabolism is for sure is decreasing. Also, try the zig-zag method of calorie consumption (I personally tried this and it has shown wonders).

All the best....!!!
  • angel101netta
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your advice everyone!

I exercise at least twice a week for a hour doing jazz aerobics, then on two other days do a 20 minute workout DVD or go for a walk.
    I will start using the weights. If i use the weights will the scales go up? Really worried about that happening?
  • yrhee
    yrhee Posts: 21
    Options
    PB fat is fine :) it's good for you!

Honestly, fat is not usually the issue. Dietary fat doesn't CAUSE fat, this has been refuted many times!

I can only tell you that lowering my carbs has worked wonders for me. Not low carb, but just lower. I don't really watch my sugars if they come from fruit, but I do try to limit the carbs from crap, LOL

Weights are definitely something to look into, toning is never a bad thing, and will definitely make you LOOK better, even if they don't promote much weight loss at this point!

Good luck!

PB fat is fine, but often times a lot of brands add excess hydrogenated oils and sugar. The PB I eat has ingredients listed: peanuts

You should try to find one like that (you may be doing that already...idk)

Out of all the nuts, peanuts are probably the least beneficial for overall health and most heavily sprayed with pesticides, as well. Almonds, walnuts, cashews > peanuts.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not to vilify carbs... they are good and bad in the right or wrong amounts. We don't need "carbs" especially the man made kind. Our body's can make all the carbs we need. Know what it can't make? Essential fatty acids. Fats!

It's pretty simple.
    Swap your protein and carb amounts. This will be harder perhaps. The numbers you hit at the end of the day...should be more like 197 protein and 60 carbs instead of the other way around!

You won't get bulky from weight lifting, you get bulky from eating too much. And so what if you gain a pound or two!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your advice everyone!

I exercise at least twice a week for a hour doing jazz aerobics, then on two other days do a 20 minute workout DVD or go for a walk.
    I will start using the weights. If i use the weights will the scales go up? Really worried about that happening?

Weight is not everything. Yes, if you start lifting the scales may not move but the inches will come off and your clothes will fit better. If you have more muscle and more definition then you will look better. Simple as that. Don't focus on the scale.