Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Does anyone else sweat a TON?

Replies

• betrayalunknownbetrayalunknown Posts: 63Member Posts: 63Member
    I never used to sweat too much...... even after 10 straight miles on the elliptical...

But I sweat like a pig on the stairmaster... everyone stares at me. But not with googley eyes, either.

It's okay. I look at them back and tell them with my eyes, "maybe YOU should workout harder!"

It's a gym. If you're NOT sweating, you're doing something wrong, buddy!!! Sorry 'bout it
  • samiam321123samiam321123 Posts: 38Member Member Posts: 38Member Member
    I have always sweated a lot. Even at my ideal weight. Be happy your body is VERY good at cooling you down! If not, you would fall the hell out...LOL

Those not sweating are constantly on the verge of a heat stroke but just don't know it...LOL, joking

This. I've actually had friends drop around me from heat stroke while I was perfectly fine. Drenched in sweat but fine. My only problem is making sure I get the salt back into my body that I've sweated out after a serious workout. Just think of yourself as highly evolved and an efficient sweater :)
  • babydullbabydull Posts: 737Member Member Posts: 737Member Member
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:

Usually, it's under my arms it kind of sucks because almost all my good shirts of blouses have sweat stains and I throw them away it's so gross. :( I sometimes use Old Spice for Men deodorant...because I keep thinking it's stronger than Clinical Protection...

Omg, I love old spice, you may accidentally attract women with that method though haha

Girl, I have no problem attracting women! ;)

*high five* I also wear Old Spice Deodorant and look like I've just stepped out of the shower during work-outs. It's not improved in line with my fitness and weight loss.
    I just tie my hair up in a bun, pop my bandana on and jump in the shower straight after.
    I think so long as you hydrate well, it's not a problem.
  • kvcreedkvcreed Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    I sweat. And I love it. The best feeling is when I am wearing a rather thick top and a zip-up hoodie over it to the gym, and I can feel I'm sweating through all the layers. In all honesty, if a person isn't sweaty, dripping and red in the face...what's the purpose?
    I also think we al 'feel' sweatier then we might be, and in the same do not see how sweaty others are. So, sweat it, sister, it's fat crying!
  • PspetalPspetal Posts: 434Member Member Posts: 434Member Member
    I sweat so much I look like I came out of the shower dripping.
    I also feel hot all the time even in winter. I cannot wear makeup unless it's cold and I DON'T have a jacket/coat.
    Even a 5 minute walk will have sweat dripping down my scalp.
    Clothes get ruined faster due to constant deodorant use too.
    I have to wipe sweat off the floor after classes at my gym as well.
    My husband sweats like this too. Nothing you can do about it :( I carry on being awesome at workouts and carry a towel ALWAYS, because the alternative is being fat/unfit and sweaty. At least this way I can be fit and sweaty.

P.S. I CANNOT wait for winter just so I can stop sweating (well sort of anyway)!
  • melbot24melbot24 Posts: 347Member Member Posts: 347Member Member
    Haha oh boy do I sweat. We should have a post workout (s)wet t-shirt photo contest.

For me what could potentially be embarrassing is not the amount of sweat but more so that I start sweating in my crotch first and it makes me look like I've pee'd my pants. I have to laugh at myself to keep from being self conscious about it.

I subscribe to the idea that if a girl still looks cute when she leaves the gym, she didn't work hard enough.

I am a hot, crotch-sweaty, smeared make-up mess when I leave and I LOVE IT.
  • valeriedent2valeriedent2 Posts: 154Member Posts: 154Member
    I sweat heavily. Always have, no matter what my weight. My Mom and younger sister are the same. My older sister avoids doing anything that will make her sweat, because she hates sweating. I always joke that just standing up from a chair makes me break out in a sweat, but I'm not quite that bad (as long as I'm in A/C). I loathe eating outside in the summer. I will literally start sweating in less than 5 minutes and just end up miserable, and sopping wet, by the end of the meal.

I typically sweat more than my boyfriend during a workout. Scalp is the worst for me - sweat pours down my face. My pits don't really sweat to bad, but you can usually see the outline of my sports bra on the back of my shirt. I always have that classic "V" sweat pattern down my front. I have to hang things up to dry after I workout, before I can put them in the laundry basket.
  • AGSawatzkyAGSawatzky Posts: 27Member Posts: 27Member
    I used to sweat a lot whether I was working out or not. I find now that I have lost 40lbs I still sweat a lot when working out (I keep a hand towel with me) but in terms of day to day, if I have worked out in the morning then I find I don't sweat as much during the day. Weird!! Yes stay hydrated, do no drink less water because you sweat that will just cause problems.

I saw my doctor about my sweating and there are prescription dab-on antiperspirant s they can give you that work really well. Also a new procedure is a form of botox for on your face to help with sweating. I know lots of people who have gone that route.

I like the saying "I don't sweat, I sparkle" :-)
  • hanneberrieshanneberries Posts: 119Member Member Posts: 119Member Member
    i am the opposite. i hardly sweat at all when i'm working out, and i feel lik ei'm not doing a good job even though my HR is in the 170s and i am panting haha
  • PspetalPspetal Posts: 434Member Member Posts: 434Member Member
    I sweat heavily. Always have, no matter what my weight. My Mom and younger sister are the same. My older sister avoids doing anything that will make her sweat, because she hates sweating. I always joke that just standing up from a chair makes me break out in a sweat, but I'm not quite that bad (as long as I'm in A/C). I loathe eating outside in the summer. I will literally start sweating in less than 5 minutes and just end up miserable, and sopping wet, by the end of the meal.

I typically sweat more than my boyfriend during a workout. Scalp is the worst for me - sweat pours down my face. My pits don't really sweat to bad, but you can usually see the outline of my sports bra on the back of my shirt. I always have that classic "V" sweat pattern down my front. I have to hang things up to dry after I workout, before I can put them in the laundry basket.

Ditto to everything you said! I hate eating outside too cuz I start sweating and its so embarrassing! I also have to dry out my clothes before I throw them in the laundry basket to avoid polluting my other clothes!
  • 1Fizzle1Fizzle Posts: 241Member Posts: 241Member
    I sweat so much I fear my gym may ban me from wearing white T-shirts. They are almost see-thru by the time I finish my workout..lol
  • Dee_84Dee_84 Posts: 431Member Member Posts: 431Member Member
    I had people ask me at the gym how many miles I ran when I got off the treadmill. When I told them only 2 they looked at me like this: :noway:

My hair is dripping, my face is bright pink. The back of my shirt is completely drenched in sweat, so is the collar. My underarms are dry (must be the medical deodorant I used about 2 years ago, kinda killed my extreme underarm sweating), but I heard that the body always sweats the same and if you stop sweating on one body part another will sweat even more.

I shower when I'm done with my workout, so I just accepted the fact that I sweat more than others during my workout. I'm fine with it.
  • rodukroduk Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    i cant wear cotton tshirts i can wring the sweat out of them.
  • mom2handh1975mom2handh1975 Posts: 224Member Posts: 224Member
    I just like to think of it as my fat crying! :laugh:

OMG! That's hilarious, and I'm totally going to use it tomorrow. I sweat like a pig. Some people do, and some people don't. Who cares??? If you don't want to sweat, then you won't be able to make the kinds of changes you're working toward. Get your sweat on!!!!
  • jaj68jaj68 Posts: 158Member Member Posts: 158Member Member
    I understand your problem completely. I even went to the dr. not long ago for it. I figured I must have a thyroid problem or :SOMETHING. vacuuming a floor, sweeping, even doing dishes....can make my head sweat so much my hair drips.:sad:

The dr. did some blood tests. But she told me ahead of time......"IF you would lose weight, this problem would take care of itself"
    I went home and cried. The blood tests all came back normal.:sick:

It is SO frustrating to be dripping....luckily my age....people think I am just having hot flashes. :blushing:
  • gavinigavini Posts: 248Member Member Posts: 248Member Member
    when i finish a run i take off my shirt and wring in out with my hands and create small pools that the local children will then come and play in. While i swear the Salt Lake in Utah was there long before i had ever visited, there are some among my friends who think it showed up after i spent a week in Utah and had gone for daily run's.

wringing out my socks is particularly impressive to some people.

i ride my bike to my gym 3 days a week (a block from my office, 24 miles from my house) and i drink a little less than 100 oz of water before i get there and shower to replace the fluids i have lost..

when i lived in DC there was a time when i had a half mile walk to the metro that then stopped at my office bldg, i had to change my shirt 4 out of 5 days during the summer upon arrival so i gave up on that and biked there since i was going to be sweaty anyway, just applied lots of deodorant.

men and women are very different in the sweat dept so i doubt we can help each other out much with info on this but my experience is that the amount of sweat has changed little if at all when i have been in good shape vs not so good shape.

the worst part is not the sweating for me but the post - sweat, it takes me forever to STOP sweating. if i workout at lunch time i need to budget a lot of cool down town which is a major hassle. cold showers, standing under the AC, ice pack on the neck, nothing seems to stop me from sweating once i have started.
  • JocelynBFitJocelynBFit Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:

ME TOO! I didn't when I was younger, but after kids I feel like a wet mess :/ Makes it hard to be able to work out and do stuff in the day. In order for me to workout I have to have time for a shower and to get ready to go.....it's a pain! Makes finding time to workout that much harder....and with three kids and school full time that is the last thing i need lol!
  • OfficiallySexyValOfficiallySexyVal Posts: 495Member Member Posts: 495Member Member
    If they had wet t-shirt contests at my gym... I'd win every time. I just accept it. I'm there to do work and if anybody has a problem with it, maybe they should work harder. :wink:

I am with this post ^^^^^

I used to be embarrassed by it but I have learned to embrace this burden! As for it getting better, I don't think it ever gets any better! My Zumba instructor has lost 80 pounds and is super tiny now and she still sweats a ton. By the end of the class her and I both are drenched head to toe!
  • gavinigavini Posts: 248Member Member Posts: 248Member Member
    just remembered, when i was walking away from a 10k race last summer and some people who didnt know about the race going on stopped me and asked incredulously - "how is it swimming in that lake? i didnt know they let people do that?" they almost didnt believe me that i had not gone in the lake, that it was just sweat.
  • PlunderBunnehPlunderBunneh Posts: 1,713Member Member Posts: 1,713Member Member
    I don't sweat as much while working out as I used to, after losing some weight and working out more often. I don't even need a towel for my short runs, although I do find it nice to have something to wipe the sweat off at the end. My clothes are usually pretty sweaty, but not nearly as much as they used to be. Also, I don't turn as bright red in the face so easily now either. However, if I run more than my usual mile warmup, then I'm a mess. But still better than it used to be.

I'm a pretty sweaty person (I change into jammies really early in the evening, mostly because I just can't stand my sweaty pits of the shirt anymore), thanks to a condition that makes my pores over-achievers. In addition, this condition also makes me break out in huge rashes and painfully deep cysts in reaction to most antiperspirants and all but a few detergents. Hurray. The new Secret one that's ph balanced works, which I'm so happy for, since before they developed that one I couldn't use anything.
  • PaulC9554PaulC9554 Posts: 117Member Member Posts: 117Member Member
    I always take two T shirts with me to change half way through my gym sessions. I use the rower, people used to look at me strange when I got off the machine, dripping wet, I'd tell them the water was a bit choppy and I caught alot of splash!
    It does become a bit of a nuisance at times when the sweat dripping from my arms looks like a small stream running down the steps on the stairclimber. It will take sometime to clean the equipment. Fair to say I sweat alot.
  • littlehedgylittlehedgy Posts: 192Member Member Posts: 192Member Member
    Thank god it is not just me! I get it the worst between and under my boobs and on the small of my back. Attractive right?
    I also turn bright red. Like really really red, in fact this happens not just working out but if I blush it isn't cute it looks like I am choking. What's weird is I rarely get too out of breath but my heart rate is insane. I think I am just abnormal.
  • pullipgirlpullipgirl Posts: 767Member Member Posts: 767Member Member
    yes I sweat and I don't care what others think about it.
  • deaftolightdeaftolight Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
  • MinMin97MinMin97 Posts: 2,734Member Member Posts: 2,734Member Member
    Be glad that you sweat...I think it's a good thing. Also I notice you still have some to lose, so you will probably sweat less casually like that as you trim that off. Your body is staying cool.