Morning or Night?

Options
It's been a week since I weighed myself.
I got one weight last night and another weight this morning.
Trust me when I say these weights were very different.
Like, 3lbs different.
Which weigh-in do I trust?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since I weighed myself.
    I got one weight last night and another weight this morning.
    Trust me when I say these weights were very different.
    Like, 3lbs different.
    Which weigh-in do I trust?

Generally speaking, most people will be heavier at night and lighter in the AM.

I would just make sure you are weighing yourself consistently. If you weigh in the AM, then do that every week and go with it.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    morning weight....your body can gain anywhere between 3-5lbs from morning to evening depending on what you eat!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Most people will say morning. Because you burn calories at night, and you process the food and water from the day. A lot of people weight themselves at the same time every day, usually after they "go". 3 lbs difference is normal. :)
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Morning! Especially after you have tended to mother nature if you get what I'm saying. I have the same problem as you, my evening weight is always higher than my morning weight. I contribute it to water retention and the day's food intake.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    i way myself once a wk after i get up on my second rest day always after i go cause the scale is at the other end of the house and i wouldn't make it
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weight yourself the same day at the same time, as soon as you get out of bed. I usually do this on Saturday mornings. That's when I can tell the difference because it is a consistent day and time.

Our female bodies fluctuate in weight all the time, so if you choose the same and time, you will get more consistent results. :)
  • Maggers20
    Options
    Your always heavier of a night than of a morning....would suggest same time weigh in each week :)
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    its always the morning for the me :smile:
  • Amy271189
    Options
    Morning is the best time to weigh in, as like people have mentioned you do gain weight through out the day. 3Ibs is totally normal.

I would suggest you weigh in at a similar time everytime you weigh in this way you will see a more realistic result!

Hope this helps.

Take care.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Morning is probably your lightest. I was a bit worried when I started weighing myself at night because I noticed it was consistently 3-4lbs heavier. But I totally forgot that your body weight changes through out the day! Even if you choose to weigh yourself at night, make sure you weigh yourself around the same time, and the same place and scales etc. The more consistent everything is, the better it is to measure your progress!
  • LilRock25
    LilRock25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself in the morning.

You're most likely going to weigh less in the morning vs the afternoon vs the evening.

But as long as you weigh around the same time every time it shouldn't matter.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, before consuming ANYTHING is best in my opinion. Use the same scale, in the same place and wear teh same clothes (or none at all).
  • Dandawa
    Dandawa Posts: 97
    Options
    I always count the morning scale. At night if I were to weigh close to what I had been weighing in the morning then I would know that the morning would be really good. Now if I could learn how to only do it once a week. I think my husband should hide my scale and only set it out once a week for me. LOL
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Am for me.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the mornings. Just easiest for me as everyday isn't the same.

If you weigh at night just ensure what you do, drink and eat during the day is the same each weigh in day every week for the most accurate results.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I always, always first thing in the AM, after peeing and no eating.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You should always weigh yourself at the same time of day in order to get an accurate cumulative loss, but it doesn't matter which. Obviously weighing first thing in the morning would give you a lower figure than in the evening.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do morning and night, but I "log" my night weight or just go by that number. Counting my morning weight seems like cheating.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Once a week, as soon as I get out of bed.
  • xtinydancerxx
    xtinydancerxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was doing night. Guess I can switch!