Can I lose fat having a treat once or twice a week?

Options
Title says it all. Trying to get my BF down to about 20% (I'm a female). It's currently about 26.5%. I won't eat bad foods every day or anything, but maybe just a cookie or two once or twice a week. No "cheat days" - I'll eat the same every day of the week. I generally try to eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, protein, etc. I exercise 5 - 6 days a week, doing a circuit of strength+cardio 2 days a week, and strictly cardio for 35 - 45 minutes 4 days a week.

Replies

• Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    Options
    bummmp
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    Yes.
  • Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    Options
    Thank you!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Anyone can lose fat having a treat once or twice or 10 times a week if they really want to. If you're going by mfps recommendations chances are you're likely able to eat at least 500 cals a day in treats and not gain any weight.
  • DREXENDELSANGRE
    DREXENDELSANGRE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, snacking in the manner you described above will definitely still allow you to lose weight.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    how big of a treat are we talking about here?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have cookies everyday.

Don't miss the forest for the trees (my new favorite saying). "Treats" in the context of an otherwise balanced diet are perfectly fine.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have daily cheat calories, so I don't go and binge too badly on the weekends. I let myself have something sugary and sweet... like I'll have four starbursts or amd oreo cookie (pretty awful overprocessed treats), but allowing my self 80 - 100 calories of a treat a day has always helped with binging when I am really concentrating on my diet.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    depends on who you ask, apparently...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Nope, impossible to get lean without eating 100% clean
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 24.9% BF with a goal of 20%. You're welcome to take a look at my diary. You will see that I eat ice cream, cookies, cereal, etc. I'm still consistently losing weight and body fat.
  • leahartmann
    Options
    Title says it all. Trying to get my BF down to about 20% (I'm a female). It's currently about 26.5%. I won't eat bad foods every day or anything, but maybe just a cookie or two once or twice a week. No "cheat days" - I'll eat the same every day of the week. I generally try to eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, protein, etc. I exercise 5 - 6 days a week, doing a circuit of strength+cardio 2 days a week, and strictly cardio for 35 - 45 minutes 4 days a week.
    Yes!! Just adjust with what else you´re eating, then you can have a treat every day, if you want to. And be careful not to eat to monotonous. You need to vary your food, even though a lot of fruit and veggies are great!
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi it depends on the treat do you do instagram well a IG friend of mine getfitfeelsexy totally skinny but she has a blog too where she posts recipes for treats all fat free like protein muffins cakes all healthy ingredients to keep you fit check it out she's on Instagram and she has a blog www.getfitfeelsexy.blogspot.comshe is currently working on getting her cookbook published you won't be sorry = )
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. However, in my case, I've found that the more frequently I have treats, the more I CRAVE them. I haven't eliminated anything from my diet, just tried to bring it under control. But the unhealthy, carb, sugar and fat-laden foods make me want MORE!! So pretty soon my once-a-week treat turned into twice a week. Twice-a-week turned into every day. I deserved it for being so good. But an alcoholic can't just have one drink and be OK...I'm now calling my food issues an addiction and trying to treat it as such. "Trying" being the key word.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You can eat pretty much anything once in a while as long as you hit your number. I gave up pop and candy, but still eat ice cream, chips, burgers, the occasional cookie.

The closer I get to goal the harder it is because I have less allowance to work them in. Exercise is great for that.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    LIft weights and eat cookies!
  • lissy3211
    Options
    yes
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every single day and I've lost 12 lbs this summer.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sure you can, but why potentially derail a goal or prolong it when you don't need to?

I'd be asking myself why I feel like I need to justify a treat that apparently in my mind I know/think is the wrong thing to do, and then come to a forum looking for permission/acceptance of that decision?
  • eilmeister
    Options
    Absolutely. And your weight loss is going to be more sustainable if you don't deprive yourself too much. Go have that cookie now ;-)

It's the overall picture that counts. I eat healthy foods most of the time and home-cook almost all of my meals. That gives me room to fit in the occasional burger and fries, and even a beer now and then (or two, or three). I try to make sure that it fits in my calorie goal, but even if it doesn't, I try not to obsess about it. I'm still losing steadily. The key is to figure out a lifestyle that you're able to maintain without feeling like you're "on a diet".