Replies

• amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    YES!! Gotta refuel!!!
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find that on 1200 calories a day plus exercise, you'll stall-out on your weight loss. I think that's the point where you should figure out your TDEE and be eating that amount -- you can look-up a formula online and figure out what that number is.

You mean TDEE minus a percentage. Eating TDEE would cause you to maintain. At 1,200 plus exercise, you could be eating upwards of 1,700 calories. That would not cause me to stall.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I would do 1/2 if you just use minutes in MFP. MFP overestimates the calorie burn.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I would do 1/2 if you just use minutes in MFP. MFP overestimates the calorie burn.

This isn't true across the board. Walking gives me within around 10 cals of what the treadmill or my fitbit does. I find swimming is at least a third too high though.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I like to eat. So, yes.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yes:smile:
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    When I'm hungry Yes; When I'm not No. More than often I am hungry so eat at least some of them. Just depends on the day.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, definitely yes. At 1200 net, probably yes. Otherwise, eat back maybe half or so.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I say NO.

exercise machines are rarely accurate when they tell you how many calories you are burning. they can only give estimates, and these estimates can be as much as 50% out. especially if the machine you are using doesn't even know whether you are a man or woman, or what your heartrate is throughout your exercise.

for that reason i eat only about half of what i have supposedly burned.
  • charliemcbride
    charliemcbride Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes. You need the calories to maintain your energy levels.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS.
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • Money2005
    Money2005 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • tobeftmom
    Options
    No
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Eat some of them, not all of them
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I eat them now and I always have.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yes
  • breeza00
    Options
    I would say don't eat them! If you are hungry then it isn't going to hurt eating a few of them but if you want results, and have just earnt say 500 calories from exercising I would not use that as a free pass to eat 500 more.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    eat what you earn....eating them back won't hurt if you are calculating everything correctly and your losses will be easier to maintain...