Options
kiittenforever
kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    You might have a slight increase in power output. Peppy music could do the same thing.
    Personally i don't trust any supplement that doesn't state the amount of each active ingredient (caffeine, creatine, etc).

What is your goal?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Save your money, eat properly. You should have enough stored glycogen to fuel workouts (elliptical, running, cycling) up to 90 minutes or so just from dietary sources.
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is necessary to fuel up much before cardio, especially if it is less than an hour. I always eat before long runs of 90 minutes+ but that is different than 30 minutes on the elliptical.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I do up to 20 miles in the morning without eating a thing before the workout. Personally the only thing that actually helps is caffeine. It changes your perceived effort. Have some leftover cold coffee before your workout and eat a proper diet. That would work better and be much cheaper than this stuff. Waste of money in my opinion.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I run and do other workouts (HIIT and TRX) on empty stomach most times and if in mood drink coffee.

For most people under 90 minutes cardio they do not need any pre-workout supplements. It's only after one crosses that threshold do the dynamics change. Until then one has enough fuel (in form of stored glycogen) to last a good workout. Even then your everyday diet builds enough power to get you going.

I won't waste my money to achieve performance on an elliptical.