5ish Month Progress - with pics!!

Options
Angel_Grove_
Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
AoW5jJ-Kcsy3c-qOZWAZaC8OfIxvmYW61sJabeT6JQuZUEc4L4t5355_cqwc8xN9BP5mYkBtT9vpX5Q=w1342-h479-rw

My journey started at Christmas when my grandmother (not meaning anything by it, honestly) asked me, "So, do you have any big news to tell us?" "No, Grandma..." "Are you sure?" "Grandma, I'm not pregnant, I'm just FAT." "Well, you were so slim last Thanksgiving..."

I went home and stepped on the scale and I was 10 lbs heavier than the day I gave birth to my July 2013 baby (BEFORE she was born...) I had very few clothes that fit anymore, and I just didn't feel too great in general. Something had to give. I dropped the first 20 lbs by sometime in March, then got apathetic with my logging. I continued to run and finally "finished" Couch-5K the second week of April (got stuck on week 5 day 3 for several weeks (2 mile run) then woke up one day and somehow managed to bust out 3.3 miles). Half-assed some StrongLifts in between (home cable gym - doesn't really give the same effect), but continued to plateau until just recently. At least I know I can do maintenance!

I still have a ways to go - about another 20 lbs depending how I feel when I get there - but I was pretty floored when I put these pics side by side tonight, and I had to share! At first, when I just looked at the last one, I really didn't think there was all that big of a difference from the January 23 pic. It's definitely motivated me to continue the journey - hopefully it can help motivate someone else as well! Feel free to add me if you wish :-)

ETA: Fixed the picture - it was teeny!

Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    Thanks! I can't figure out why MFP shrank the picture so much though :-(
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    Here's a link to the picture, as it has disappeared from the post for some reason: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Mu6rDkPKOyV0F3TDNEX0hTclE/view?usp=sharing
  • imeldita15
    imeldita15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Huge difference.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. What an awesome change!
  • kdchase
    kdchase Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a difference even 10 pounds made. You look amazing and honestly, please don't feel like you *have* to lose more weight--you look great!!
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! How tall are you? Those are almost spot in for my beginning and current stats too. I'm about 5'7" and excites if I actually look like your current picture!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    kdchase wrote: »
    What a difference even 10 pounds made. You look amazing and honestly, please don't feel like you *have* to lose more weight--you look great!!
    knt217 wrote: »
    You're doing great! How tall are you? Those are almost spot in for my beginning and current stats too. I'm about 5'7" and excites if I actually look like your current picture!

Thanks! I am 5'8" or maybe a hair taller. In the past, I've been down to 160, though I've never been "fit" at that weight before. I'm still at a BMI of 26.2/Body Fat of 26.9%, so not in the healthy range yet. And I have the mommy tummy to get rid of (yoga pants can be very forgiving - the next time I take progress pics, I'll wear the same clothes. Was kind of impromptu yesterday!)

We do a beach trip Labor Day weekend, and I want to look good in a bathing suit that doesn't have a skirt or a ton of ruching!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SO good!!!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You did a lot of shrinking yourself! you look great :)
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You just have to love the honesty of little kids and grandmas. Looking good! That is great progress.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great progress! BTW, I find imgur or photobucket much friendlier for hosting pics to post on forums like these. They even have a nice "forum" url to just copy and paste into your post.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done :-)
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    Congrats, great progress! BTW, I find imgur or photobucket much friendlier for hosting pics to post on forums like these. They even have a nice "forum" url to just copy and paste into your post.

Thanks for the advice! Let's try it out. We'll see if it sticks this time:

5%20month%20progress_zpsxowjg090.jpg
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    You just have to love the honesty of little kids and grandmas. Looking good! That is great progress.

So true!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    It gets even better! I went "shopping" in my closet tonight - it's like I have a whole new wardrobe! I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans (and would actually wear them in public!!), and all of my shorts. Still have a pair of jeans and a pair of capris that aren't quite there yet, but it's soooo close! By the end of all this, some of those are going to look like the picture on the left!

5%20month%20progress%20part%202_zpsevpkbny2.jpg
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! Great job!
  • Angel_Grove_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been getting lots of comments about my weight loss IRL lately, so I thought I would update my progress pics. Still working toward goal (have gone from 195 to 162 since Christmas) - definitely need to tone up - but I'm finally back in the "healthy" BMI range!

2015-07-31%2004.38.58_zps2aqr37mz.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!