Thanksgiving/Undereater

Options
So today was the day to enjoy eating and pigging out. I knew I was going to pig out. I overfilled my plate because I actually undereat and today I wanted to eat as much as I want and whatever I want. I ate all my food (got one of everything) and still felt hungry, so I went and got dessert. (Overdid it too and got like 6 pieces of different desserts) I couldn't finish all of them and felt so sick. I walked around a big and I puked a bit. It wasn't a lot but I stuffed myself more than usual and feel miserable. Turns out my whole family is worried about me because I am underweight and need help. Plan on seeing a doctor. I never ate so much ever but wanted to because it's a holiday but eating all that has turned against me. Is this what happens if you r an undereater? When you eat more, you get sick? I feel miserable and hate the way I look now. I'm not happy and yes I need to gain weight but I'm always so scared. Am I completely anorexic when I eat more I puke? I'm trying to change my diet but feel scared about changing my diet and I'm just unhappy. What should I do? I know one day isn't going to make me put on weight but I feel like I consumed 5000-10000 calories today. I don't think I will be able to eat tomorrow because of how I feel but I know I will be full on energy and would like to burn it off. How long does it take to recover from a day full of eating to feel better? Sorry for so many questions but I'm stressing over under eating and feeling miserable. Thank you. Please no mean comments, I already feel bad about how I look and feel and I already had another breakdown because of me being so underweight.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your posts are concerning. I think you should get some help.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You need to seek professional help about your relationship with food: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    To ease your mind 1-you most probably did not eat that many calories. 2-seriously overeating can make anyone sick. You're not a bottomless pit so what doesn't fit will eventually come back up. 3-It'll probably take a day or two depending on your digestion. Go see your doctor and get your help. Being naturally thin is one thing but purposely restricting or purging is another. So don't go down that path...it's not fun trust me!!
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Another thing is that I need to gain 5-10 pounds but in a healthy way and not give up exercising because I also love eating. I don't want to gain weight unhealthily. I want to look lean and feel good about it and not be skinny fat. Is it possible to gain muscle vs fat in recovery?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Based on your several recent threads ... advising you to seek specialized professional help is the only logical reply.