Growing the glutes. Questions.

Options
Have any of you women had success on growing your glutes? Also, do you measure to check for progress? How many inches can you or have you grown?

Replies

• Fitness01_
    Fitness01_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same! I know we have to eat at a surplus and lift heavy. But I would like to hear from someone who has had success like the women on Instagram with very nice booty gainz
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    lmao it's such a big picture, sorry.
  • Fitness01_
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Here's my booty gains from 128 to 140. I'm smaller now (possible?) but there is an example of what a bulk looks like, both fat and muscle.
    wtdhqfncg90p.png

Wow! Amazing booty gainz! How long was your bulk?
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Fitness01_ wrote: »
    Here's my booty gains from 128 to 140. I'm smaller now (possible?) but there is an example of what a bulk looks like, both fat and muscle.
    wtdhqfncg90p.png

Wow! Amazing booty gainz! How long was your bulk?

5-6 months, but then I lifted in maintenance for quite awhile after that and had some recomp success. I think the picture on the right was not immediately after the bulk. I had some recomp happening as well.
  • Fitness01_
    Options
    How many days per week did you workout your glutes?
  • bbell1985
    Options

I did a powerlifting program so I was squatting 3 per week. I think I did hip thrusts like once or twice per week. I don't know. I just hip thrust the *kitten* out of some weight. Once per week heavy, once light, and add cable kick backs, and pull throughs.

My one regret is not doing enough lateral work.
  • Fitness01_
    Options
    You still had amazing progress that I hope to have one day!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have grown my glutes over two bulk cycles. I would say about 3 inches gained total... I use measurements, mirror and photos (especially photos!) to check progress.

I don't have a "bubble butt" but my glutes are way larger and stronger than they used to be. I typically work them 3-6x per week when I'm bulking. The glutes can handle a lot of volume and frequency.
  • Fitness01_
    Options
    Thanks for that information, I think I'm going to do glute workouts more often now!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Amazing glutes! Wish they were mine.. I look like my 80 year old grandma's.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have been lifting heavy and trying to recomp but I think a bulk will be my next step. Got a pancake *kitten* from years of LD running

[Post edited by mfp mod]
  • Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't have a picture to post here, but you can check out my Instagram. I've been successful in improving the peach. Consistent progressive overload to the glutes. I've been going about 3 years, 2-3 days per week. I focus on compounds movements 5-12 reps 3-4 sets. I mean squats, deadlifts, lunges, hip thrust, or some variation of all those. I also include isolation moments after the compounds. It's about frequency and volume and some intensity. Work it often. Try to increase weight/reps/sets to increase volume. Go heavy AF every so often. Hope that helps! Here's a Sample Leg Day I've done:
    Super Set 1:
    - Squats 4X10 increasing weight as you warm up
    - hip abductor 4X10 (Helps me warm up for squats)
    - hip adductor 4x10 (Helps me warm up for squats)
    Super Set 2:
    - Squats (working sets) 4X5 HEAVY (I worked up to 230lb for these sets)
    - hip thrust on lying hamstring curl machine 4X10-12
    Super Set 3:
    - cable kick back 3X10
    - reverse hyper extensions OR cable stiff leg deadlifts 3X10

Takes me about an hour, and this is just what I've done. Not saying there's anything magical about this.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I did a powerlifting program so I was squatting 3 per week. I think I did hip thrusts like once or twice per week. I don't know. I just hip thrust the *kitten* out of some weight. Once per week heavy, once light, and add cable kick backs, and pull throughs.

My one regret is not doing enough lateral work.

There in bold is the roadmap. That will give you the best glutes you can get. bbell1985 is proof. Girl, you look mahvelous!! (in my best Billy Crystal/ Fernando voice)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    Oh wow! Amazing glutes! Wish they were mine.. I look like my 80 year old grandma's.

Well, how many sets of squats and hip thrusts are you doing per week? Just sayin'.....