Monday Morning Drive by Smooches!

Options
Good morning my lovely darlings! Helllooo Monday! I hope this day finds everyone healthy & happy! I was driving to work this morning, country music cranked all the way up, and I was thinking about what I was going to eat today. And for a minute I was thinking about how much it sucks to be gluten intolerant and the things I can’t eat. It was then that I realized just how easy it is to focus on the negative. There are so many things I can eat why worry about the stuff I can’t eat! It’s like with my love life. When I and my ex split I took full custody of the kids and they are my very world. I love and adore them with all that I am. I chose to focus on them and not date till they were older. Now this cowboy is a very romantic and um, very passionate man :wink: . When I focus on not having a woman in my life I get lonely and miss having a woman to spoil and adore. However when I focus on why I chose not to date I remember how blessed I am to be able to spend every evening playing with my kids and just having more fun than the law should allow! And that is how our fitness journey needs to be. Always focused on the positive and never the negative. Focus on all the progress you have made, not what you have left to do. Focus on your success. Be joyful in the journey! Because darlings you are winners. You are gorgeous, sexy, sweet, and absolutely stunning. Everyday as your confidence grows you just get more and more gorgeous. You are unstoppable my friends and keeping your eyes on the positive makes you unbeatable. Shine baby, shine! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
This cowboy is rooting for you and loving you with every heart beat.
Blessings,
Ed
:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
ps: Did I just happen to mention that y’all are not just gorgeous but smoking hot! I thought it was hot in Texas until I saw you. Now I know what hot is!!!!!!!!!
pss: I mean, dang, but your gorgeous & sexy! WOOOHOOO!!! HUBBA HUBBA!

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great words of wisdom this morning. Once again, thank you Ed. You are the best! Love ya Cowboy!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Great words of wisdom this morning. Once again, thank you Ed. You are the best! Love ya Cowboy!

Lova ya darlin! :flowerforyou:
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks Ed! Being Gluten Intolerant as well, I find it difficult to find things to eat, especially on the go. Yesterday I was a little bit sad that my favorite soup place Zoup only had tomato bisque as the only gluten free option, and I hate cooked tomatoes! So I decided to had to Walgreens and they actually had fat free yoplait yogurt so I had that and a bag of baked lays potato chips. It was not exactly what I wanted but it curbed the hunger until I got home later to enjoy dinner!
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    You are such a sweet man. Love the picture, what adorable kids and so lucky to have a father like you. I wish there were more men and women out there that felt the way you do. I was in the Army right out of high school and was a medical corpsman and I was in FANTASTIC shape. Got married, got out, got divorced, got remarried and unfortunately have a husband that loves to cook, I mean I don't mind him cooking its What he cooks. He is from down south and loves FRIED FOOD, which I do too. LOL. So besides his cooking and quitting smoking I gained weight. Now I found this place and am on my way to HOPEFULLY losing the weight I need to lose. Give those kids a big hug from me and keep on loving them like you do. You have your priorities right and that is AWESOME. Good Luck and God Bless.

Thank you for your service.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You are lovely too. LOL Good to see people with positive attitudes. Weight loss struggles make it hard to stay upbeat. Have a great week.
    Troy
    Yukon, OKlahoma
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Always focused on the positive and never the negative. Focus on all the progress you have made, not what you have left to do. Focus on your success. Be joyful in the journey! Because darlings you are winners. You are gorgeous, sexy, sweet, and absolutely stunning. Everyday as your confidence grows you just get more and more gorgeous. You are unstoppable my friends and keeping your eyes on the positive makes you unbeatable. Shine baby, shine!

Dear Dr. Ed-
    Great advice. I just wrote about a thousand page blog about struggling with this very thing yesterday- focusing on the negatives, rather than the positives. I wonder why it is that our brains KNOW what to do, yet our emotions don't always align with what's intelligent? It is strange the way we can often look around and see such beauty in others, yet when we look at ourselves, we only pick out the flaws.

Either way, timely words in my life!

Thanks for sharing your positivity!

-SFG

p.s. You're not only building wonderful memories with those lil darlin's, but you're also protecting them as well. It's an admirable thing, though I can see how it's got to be tough. Seeing your profile pic and the happiness of your children, I'd say it is well worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    You have the luckiest kids alive - and thanks for the words of wisdom! Have a good day today!!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Always focused on the positive and never the negative. Focus on all the progress you have made, not what you have left to do. Focus on your success. Be joyful in the journey! Because darlings you are winners. You are gorgeous, sexy, sweet, and absolutely stunning. Everyday as your confidence grows you just get more and more gorgeous. You are unstoppable my friends and keeping your eyes on the positive makes you unbeatable. Shine baby, shine!

Dear Dr. Ed-
    Great advice. I just wrote about a thousand page blog about struggling with this very thing yesterday- focusing on the negatives, rather than the positives. I wonder why it is that our brains KNOW what to do, yet our emotions don't always align with what's intelligent? It is strange the way we can often look around and see such beauty in others, yet when we look at ourselves, we only pick out the flaws.

Either way, timely words in my life!

Thanks for sharing your positivity!

-SFG

p.s. You're not only building wonderful memories with those lil darlin's, but you're also protecting them as well. It's an admirable thing, though I can see how it's got to be tough. Seeing your profile pic and the happiness of your children, I'd say it is well worth it! :flowerforyou:

Seems like great minds think alike! I need to start reading your blog. :-)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    You have the luckiest kids alive - and thanks for the words of wisdom! Have a good day today!!

I am the lucky one to have them! I am blessed beyond measure by them.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks Ed! Being Gluten Intolerant as well, I find it difficult to find things to eat, especially on the go. Yesterday I was a little bit sad that my favorite soup place Zoup only had tomato bisque as the only gluten free option, and I hate cooked tomatoes! So I decided to had to Walgreens and they actually had fat free yoplait yogurt so I had that and a bag of baked lays potato chips. It was not exactly what I wanted but it curbed the hunger until I got home later to enjoy dinner!

Gluten intolerant here as well and just spent a week in Canada, eating out for nearly every meal. Eating NATURALLY gluten-free was easy but there were those moments when my inlaws were digging into bread and gingerbread cake, that I felt grief for what I couldn't enjoy with them. It didn't help that when we went to the Louisbourg Fortress, my bil said since being gluten-free is such a hassle to plan around, off with her head! The reality is that I eat healthier being gluten-free because I avoid the refined carbs, even the gluten-free flours except for special occasions. I make myself eat fresh food. I could curse the intolerances (I am lactose and gluten intolerant) or be thankful for the adventure that is eating healthy and healing my body. Friend me if you wish.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Ed you always say the right thing at the right time! Your encouragement is amazing. And your two kiddies, blessed to have such a loving and giving father. You Rock Cowboy. xx
  • WomanofWorth
    Options
    Dear Dr. Ed-

[/quote]

Just subscribed to your blog. Terrific writing! I love this statement above. That is sooooo thought-provoking. Have we been taught so much that arrogance is a sin that we have also rolled self-confidence and self-love into that definition? I don't know but I am challenging those thoughts on a regular basis. It is not wrong for me to love myself, nor is it pompous to do so. I'm giving myself permission to live an AUTHENTIC life.
  • WomanofWorth
    Options
    Double post, sorry
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the positive start to my day Ed!!

And Hubba Hubba to you too!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For some reason, your Monday posts always seem to be the BEST!!! Maybe it's just because you are absloutely awesome, or the fact that it is great to start off Mondays with such a positve note. Either way, thanks as always.

Have an awesome week.

Love ya!!
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    You never fail to make me smile. Thanks for the Monday morning encouragement! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Aww... That was a really nice read....

You sound like a great guy.

Thanks For the boost of positivity!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    For some reason, your Monday posts always seem to be the BEST!!! Maybe it's just because you are absloutely awesome, or the fact that it is great to start off Mondays with such a positve note. Either way, thanks as always.

Have an awesome week.

Love ya!!

Loves ya gorgeous darling! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ed...for the reminder!!

Hugs & Smooches!!