Detox Drinks

Options
So I'm trying a detox diet, every morning I start with a detox tea, and every night before bed I have a detox water. I'm trying a new detox water and tea every week and I really feel like it's working. Does anyone else want to join me on my journey[/b][/b][/b] of detox thing?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    jaci66 wrote: »
    So I'm trying a detox diet, every morning I start with a detox tea, and every night before bed I have a detox water. I'm trying a new detox water and tea every week and I really feel like it's working. Does anyone else want to join me on my journey of detox thing?

Nope. They're just a waste of money. If you want to detox, eat right - little to no processed, junk or fast food - and drink plenty of water and get walking.

Yes to your first two sentences. No to the rest of your post.

Not trying to argue but wouldn't drinking plenty of water aid in the functions of your liver and kidneys? I should know more about it lol.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with 'detoxing'.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    jaci66 wrote: »
    So I'm trying a detox diet, every morning I start with a detox tea, and every night before bed I have a detox water. I'm trying a new detox water and tea every week and I really feel like it's working. Does anyone else want to join me on my journey of detox thing?

Nope. They're just a waste of money. If you want to detox, eat right - little to no processed, junk or fast food - and drink plenty of water and get walking.

Yes to your first two sentences. No to the rest of your post.

Not trying to argue but wouldn't drinking plenty of water aid in the functions of your liver and kidneys? I should know more about it lol.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with 'detoxing'.

Oh, got it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Placebo effect, if that. You won't lose weight (fat). If you lose anything, it will be poop!
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    Waste of money. Placebo effect, if that. You won't lose weight (fat). If you lose anything, it will be poop!

Pooping IS kinda fun though...
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    ...Or enemas. (Worst part of the surgery was probably the prep.)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    "Detoxes" are a waste of time and money, so that'll be a hard no.