Options
    Im not looking to gain weight I need to lose weight
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    Im not looking to gain weight I need to lose weight

Sorry I got you confused with the OP.

If you're trying to lose weight, there's no reason you have to eat any carbs at all - your body can manufacture glucose from other foods. Focus on the foods you like and enjoy, and cut out the ones you dislike.
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I need carbs for the gym etc
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    I need carbs for the gym etc

Make your own thread. You can then tell people your goals and what you're currently doing.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    B&J ice cream !
  • KaduParga
    KaduParga Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My suggestion...eat them. But seriously, with that many calories how easy do you find it to hit your carb totals?

If it's easy you can eat whatever you want, if it's hard stick to the calorific foods (many good suggestions already) such as

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Oh, and don't discount the sour patch kids and other gummies for workout energy if you need it. It breaks down very quickly to glucose and is a great for fueling workouts.

If you are using a carb powder from the supplement stores ditch that and go for dextrose monohydrate, aka d-glucose, at your bulk store for a lot less money. It's usually sold as corn sugar. It's also available for next to nothing at wine kit stores.

I am trying eat as clean as possible. Thank you for you tips. It will be helpful
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    KaduParga wrote: »
    My suggestion...eat them. But seriously, with that many calories how easy do you find it to hit your carb totals?

If it's easy you can eat whatever you want, if it's hard stick to the calorific foods (many good suggestions already) such as

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Oh, and don't discount the sour patch kids and other gummies for workout energy if you need it. It breaks down very quickly to glucose and is a great for fueling workouts.

If you are using a carb powder from the supplement stores ditch that and go for dextrose monohydrate, aka d-glucose, at your bulk store for a lot less money. It's usually sold as corn sugar. It's also available for next to nothing at wine kit stores.

I am trying eat as clean as possible. Thank you for you tips. It will be helpful

Why are you trying to eat 4,000 clean calories? You don't get extra credit for exceeding your vitamin and mineral needs. Fat gains are relative to your surplus, not how clean you eat.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Full fat milk

I love milk. I have to cut back to 2% right now in maintenance but if I bulk I will be all over full fat again! I know it's not truly a carb but had to sing the praises of the mighty moo juice.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Eating mostly nutritious is great but you don't get extra benefits once you hit your nutrient goals.. when you are trying to hit that many calories you will struggle, not to mention the high volume and fiber of the carb can make you feel full and bloated which can impact your workout performance.
  • KaduParga
    KaduParga Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Eating mostly nutritious is great but you don't get extra benefits once you hit your nutrient goals.. when you are trying to hit that many calories you will struggle, not to mention the high volume and fiber of the carb can make you feel full and bloated which can impact your workout performance.

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

4 years ago I did eating really clean. 9-10 meals a day but today I don’t have time to do the same. Thank you
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Why are you trying to eat 4,000 clean calories? You don't get extra credit for exceeding your vitamin and mineral needs. Fat gains are relative to your surplus, not how clean you eat.

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Because I want avoid chemicals and artificials.

In for chemicals!
  • iheartmakeup01
    iheartmakeup01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Low fat high carb options or no fat
    Gunmy bears
    Cereal
    Gatorade
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Can you be more specific as to which chemicals you are trying to avoid?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

There are plenty of high carb foods with no artificial sweeteners.. like pancakes, ice cream, gummy bears..

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Everything you eat has something that can potentially be harmfull, even fruits and veggies. Since you have a lot of calories, if eating so much is a pain, drink something like chocolate milk or if you want high caloric foods, opt for dried fruits, just a serving of dried dates is 284 calories. Muffins are also high in calories, one muffin can go up to 500 calories. Pasta has high calories too for so little quantities. I even eat donuts when I need to reach my calories goals, I still suggest you add some of the junk food in your food diary, they are easier to reach your goals. It's up to you.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

If you have the time to make some high carb sweets like cake, that would help in avoiding foods with artificial ingredients.