here I am

Options
Hello! This is my first post. To come clean:
--I am a 7 time WW drop out
--Was pregant 6 times in five years
--carried three babies to term
--and ready to admit that my weight problem is the person that is hauling the spoon

Last week I took my baby to the doctor and saw a BMI chart on the wall....I am now in the first block of obese. So here I am accepting that it is going to take work and time to get back in shape:frown: :embarassed: :blushing:

Replies

• 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    --and ready to admit that my weight problem is the person that is hauling the spoon

Last week I took my baby to the doctor and saw a BMI chart on the wall....I am now in the first block of obese. So here I am accepting that it is going to take work and time to get back in shape:frown: :embarassed: :blushing:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Good for you taking the first step and joining MFP. This site is a great tool for weight loss and a great place for support.

My beginners advice: log your foods meticulously, measure everything even if it makes you look crazy, eat your exercise calories,remember that a measuring tape is as good as a scale, and visit the forums often for support and education.

Welcome and best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! I'm a 3 time WW drop out, as well as Dr's and other diets too. I even tried hypnosis, TWICE! Nothing really worked though, until MFP! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    hello! and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: