Eating 20 eggs in one day

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Edit: this thread isn't serious. I want to try it, but I know realistically I will hate eggs if I ever did this. And I love them too much to do that.

I saw a thread recently where an individual on here monomealed Snickers bars for the day, and it got me thinking. What could I eat a lot of to hit my goals?

If I ate 20 eggs in one day, I would only be 150 calories under my daily goal, only 21g of fat over my daily goal, and would hit 120g of protein for the day.

What food could you "monomeal" for the day to hit your calorie, protein, and fat goals?

Also...is it bad that I want to try this? I love hard boiled eggs. Love.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Yeah but WHAT ABOUT CARBS DUDE? I can't do this. I love all macros too much. I'd probably just stick to PB so I can get all 3 in lol. otherwise I'll do all cheese and be sad at lack of carbs.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    coolhandluke-truth1.jpg
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not that I'd want to, but.. cottage cheese. 7 cups = ~1,400 calories, 31g of fat, 217g of protein. Protein would be waaay overboard though.
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of eggs...
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're a stick of butter and a bulletproof coffee away from that keto egg fast. You can do this. I believe in you.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm eggs!
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I want to go a day where I eat nothing but Froot Loops with Marshmallows.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    You're a stick of butter and a bulletproof coffee away from that keto egg fast. You can do this. I believe in you.

Oh my god, is that a real thing? AN EGG FAST?
  • missiontofitness
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Sure you could try it but you'd be ingesting basically no carbs and you would have a nice does of vitamin and minerals deficiencies.

It would just be for one day, if I actually did it.

That would also require me to buy two dozen eggs, cook them all, and find a way to transport around 14/15 eggs to work for two meals without breaking them, haha.

• missiontofitness
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Yeah but WHAT ABOUT CARBS DUDE? I can't do this. I love all macros too much. I'd probably just stick to PB so I can get all 3 in lol. otherwise I'll do all cheese and be sad at lack of carbs.

Oh, I love my carbs too.
    But eggs though.
    Hard boiled eggs all day every day.
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sure you could try it but you'd be ingesting basically no carbs and you would have a nice does of vitamin and minerals deficiencies.

She said for the day. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies wouldn't even remotely be an issue, neither would no carbs.

OP if you like eggs that much go for it.
  • ana3067
    Options
    tumblr_mqzyu8fbFt1sboqq7o2_250.gif
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

cozg01xq7kz9.jpg

I stole this from a site that listed it as a "keto fast stall breaker."
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Yes, and apparently they have a support group.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to be downwind of you :D
  • ana3067
    Options
    tumblr_lndhnf2VPt1qevs4ho1_500.gif

GAH Best episode ever.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    feralX wrote: »

She said for the day. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies wouldn't even remotely be an issue, neither would no carbs.

OP if you like eggs that much go for it.

I almost want to try it, because I'm going through a phase where I'm legitimately going through a dozen eggs in half a week, and have to have two cartons at hand to accomodate my egg-eating ways. But I'm afraid if I do it just as a funny one-day experiment, I'll never want to eat another egg ever again.

• missiontofitness
    Options

cozg01xq7kz9.jpg

I stole this from a site that listed it as a "keto fast stall breaker."

So many rules.
    Why not just eat hard boiled eggs? It's so much easier!
    Also, eating a minimum of 6 eggs daily is around 420 calories when you don't count the diet soda you can drink or fats you're apparently supposed to add in. Sounds like an awful VLCD fast!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    tumblr_lndhnf2VPt1qevs4ho1_500.gif

GAH Best episode ever.

I ate it. :(