Need help

Options
Hi all. I am gaining weight and getting sad. The most I have lost was 10 pound and have gain them back. I need to make more time to walk I am a stress eater. I am back up to 229 and on the border or being diabetic. I don't give up, what are you all doing to loose your weight.
Thanks T

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say you're posting in the wrong section as this is for weight gain not loss, but I'll be more than happy to help. The biggest thing it sounds like you need to do is plan your meals for the day and stick with it. If you set a meal plan and don't deviate from it you can stay on the right track and get to where you want to be. Just make sure to track what you eat and don't go overboard. This being said an occasional treat is ok as long as you don't go overboard and blow past your set calorie number and blow your macros out of whack. If you eat 85% healthy and 15% fun you'll be fine and you won't deprive yourself of stuff you like. Depriving yourself of certain foods is generally what leads to failure on weight loss. Also I suggest writing down your "why" for why you want to lose weight. If you have a goal and a reason written down you're going to have a better chance of success. I hope this helps!
  • isocom79
    Options
    You need to focus on calorie burning exercises. Cardio cardio cardio. You need to know a few specific things to aid your weight loss. These are:

1. Your water retention % (water imbalance leads to weight gain)
    2. Your metabolic rate (how many calories your body naturally burns daily)
    3. Food allergies or medical conditons if any that may contribute to weight gain, lethargy, etc...
    4. Body tolerance to supplements that up/boost cardio/aerobic activity.

After you know or have a good idea of the above you can plan your weight loss target and then you must stick to it at any cost.
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    i got what u r looking for its a real nice treat for the belly- gersh
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    tgw58 wrote:
    what are you all doing to loose (sic) your weight.
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

So the first thing you need to do is figure out how much you are eating, and how much you should be eating, then get them to match.
    Start walking, even if it's only 15 min at a time. Gradually go longer, faster, or find a more challenging course.

Here's a newbie help post which has links to lots of helpful info, including sexypants, setting realistic goals, accurate weighing & logging of food, motivation ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-08-10-newbie-help-post-685689

Go read sexypants right now, then come back here.
    Seriously, go now. Shoo. :grinning:

As for what I've been doing?
    - I figured out a realistic & healthy goal weight, based on BMI.
    - I figured out how many calories I needed to maintain my current weight, then subtracted 1000/day (because I started out with more than 100 lb to lose).
    - I ignore exercise calories (usually), just eating at or slightly under my goal.
    - I exercise 5-6 times a week, cardio every day and weightlifting 2-3 times per week.
    - I learned to eat normal-sized portions.
    - I learned to have less of the not-so-healthy foods and more of the healthier ones.
    - I accepted that I didn't get fat overnight, so I wasn't going to get fit overnight.
    - I accepted that I'm falliable and forgive myself when I screw up. (Usually.) :relieved:
    51637601.png