Need some support & motivation

Options
sbtheprincess
sbtheprincess Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I am 25 and wanting to lose weight and become healthier. I just can't seem to stay committed to tracking my daily food intake. I need someone to help me stay connected and focused. I'm a competitive person so hopefully you can help me stay on track and loose weight while I help you do the same.

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You need to find that 'commitment' first before you start everything. Always remember this change is for YOU.
  • smckain1
    smckain1 Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I do indeed have the same problem at times......if I miss tracking 1 or 2 days I may shame myself and not track for more days. I feel bad because I am also an emotional eater and when I don't write it down, I eat worse. The more people that help me with accountability the better so if you would like some encouraging competition, I'll be glad to. Send a friend request if you want. :)
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I honestly have the same problem, and trying to compete with people has never really worked for me.

It was suggested that I give myself some sort of reward for tracking (something non-food- my therapist said stickers work for a surprising amount of people), but... Apparently my reptilian hindbrain scoffs at stickers.

What I would suggest, is finding out what makes you feel good about tracking. What makes you feel accomplished and encourages you to do it more? Maybe put a dollar in a jar each day you do it, and when you have sufficient money, treat yourself to a non-food splurge?

I'm happy to friend you, if outside encouragement will help, but I do think figuring out what's going to motivate you to find that commitment will help a great deal in the long run.