Discomfort of food stuck in throat & rapid bloating

Options
aaliceinw
aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, I think this is going to sound odd but I am not hungry at all because since yesterday morning I feel as if I have a wad of food stuck in my throat and my tummy is so full.

I did 35 minutes of Curves cardio, then drove to my other gym to see the biokineticist, whom I worked with for 45 minutes and by the time I got home, 15 minutes later, I was heavily bloated. I bloated to the point where the loose T.shirt I put on at the start of exercising, was tight on my tummy 2 hours later. Which is why my dinner then consisted of yoghurt and nuts.

This morning, I feel as if I just ate half a horse and I have just woken up. I am so full! (TMI) And I have had normal bowel movements.

What is going on?

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Um, I don't want to scare you, but don't you think you ought to see a doctor? This sounds a little concerning.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Thank you @LAWoman72. Will check in with the doctor later!

Sigh! I was hoping to hear something like - "Nah! Don't worry! It's okay this happens to me all the time when .....!"

Because I actually feel otherwise quite good.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot whollle lot like how I was feeling when I was pregnant. The "food in the throat" was actually really bad indigestion and the fullness was normal pregnancy bloat.

Sometimes if I don't eat enough then I will feel very bloated. Like eat breakfast then nothing til dinner, by dinner I'm full feeling/bloated but hungry,

See a dr for piece of mind but don't sound alarming to me
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Thanks @Ameengyrl . I can't get pregnant so it it wasn't that but it probably was indigestion . I had coffee this morning then only ate at 12:00 noon because I really was not hungry at all till then. The bloating has gone down. I'll monitor over the next couple of days and if it happens again, I'll go get a check up.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Go to a damn doctor! People!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Sounds a lot whollle lot like how I was feeling when I was pregnant.

This for me
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The symptoms you're describing are parts of my symptoms living with acid reflux & IBS. If that's what it is, don't worry. It's manageable, especially once you figure out your worst triggers. Unfortunately, that takes some serious trial & error. But, as everyone else said...go to your doctor. :)
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Going to doc then. I'd close the post now if I could but don't know how to.
    Thanks for the input.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily feel that this is a huge issue if it only happened this once and it goes away. If it doesn't then yes I would get to a medical professional. If you have this food in the throat feeling or difficulty swallowing often it could be that your thyroid is enlarged and again, go see a medical professional.
  • calliegirl73
    calliegirl73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hiatal hernia possibly. check it would with a chiropractor, if it's not a hernia that they can massage down, go to a medical dr.
  • twentyseven2012
    twentyseven2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you dealt with acid reflux or heartburn? That "food lodged" feeling is a sure sign. Biggest culprit? Bread. Paleo/Primal is what you want to look into. Avoid breads and processed foods at all costs. GL
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    The symptoms you're describing are parts of my symptoms living with acid reflux & IBS. If that's what it is, don't worry. It's manageable, especially once you figure out your worst triggers. Unfortunately, that takes some serious trial & error. But, as everyone else said...go to your doctor. :)

Yes, this. I have both and have begun a low FODMAP diet which is working so far.