Weight control belt experiences wanted

im trying to reduce belly/hips fat. I know I cannot spot reduce it. I'm on a diet just for that, othervise my weight is almost ideal. I lift, do cardio, body weight exercises for core & whole body.
My PT suggested me to get this belt because I will sweat more in desired area. How helpful it really is? If you have experience with weight control belt, please share

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    im trying to reduce belly/hips fat. I know I cannot spot reduce it. I'm on a diet just for that, othervise my weight is almost ideal. I lift, do cardio, body weight exercises for core & whole body.
    My PT suggested me to get this belt because I will sweat more in desired area. How helpful it really is? If you have experience with weight control belt, please share
    If your PT suggested this, they aren't very well versed in fitness.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member

Get a new PT. Seriously.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You said you know you can't spot reduce...So confused.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    You will sweat more in the desired area...but that's about it. And yes, I have experience.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member

What do you think will happen if you sweat more in one area, apart from sweating more there? Give it some serious thought. Do you think you lose more fat in that area if you sweat more there?
  • IrenaKaraman
    IrenaKaraman Posts: 42 Member
    Yes I know it doesn't work like that, pick and choose. That's why I came here to ask; double check.... Maybe there is something that I don't already know. I was a bit surprised that this came from my PT... Usually I listen all he says but this didn't sound well
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    While a portion of your fat leaves as sweat, by the time it turns to water, it doesn't matter where it leaves. Fat doesn't turn directly into sweat.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Sweat=fat burning?

So I should jump in a sauna?
  • IrenaKaraman
    IrenaKaraman Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you everyone for your replies, I appreciate it. I thought so; whole thing just didn't make sense to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Yes I know it doesn't work like that, pick and choose. That's why I came here to ask; double check.... Maybe there is something that I don't already know. I was a bit surprised that this came from my PT... Usually I listen all he says but this didn't sound well
    If you're paying him, then you have every right to test his knowledge. Find out if everything he's having you do is correctly leading you to your goal. One I get asked about all the time is meal timing and "clean" eating (which I KNOW neither is required to lose weight).
    A PT's actual purpose should be to get "rid" of their clients as fast as possible? Why? Because then they've helped you get to your goal and hopefully educated you properly on how to maintain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Sweat=fat burning?

So I should jump in a sauna?

Ya. That didn't make sense to me either.

This thread makes me think of batman for some reason.