Needing encouragement, please!

Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of a breakdown. I haven't logged a full day for about a month because I've been eating so poorly, and I'm scared to get on the scale. I've got a lot of stressful things goin on in my life right now and I'm so frustrated with myself for getting so off-track. I'm involved in an appearance-sensitive sport, and my coach has made some horrible comments so I'm really in need of some kind words of encouragement right about now.

Replies

• farminguitarist
    farminguitarist Posts: 49 Member
    I feel ha, I did so good at the beginning of the year but now have lost all of what I accomplished. I was browsing on here for encouragement but maybe trying to help someone else out will be the best route. I think that's awful that your couch has given cruel comments, we are already out worst critics, definitely don't need to hear anything rude/mean/hatful from someone else! I have been afraid to step on the scale lately too but I plan on doing so first thing in the morning, time to face my fears, I hope you can do the same, maybe once we get a grasp on what's going on it wi give us the motivation to change it. I hope you are too depressed! You can do it
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    I have been there too. But the only important thing at these times is to keep moving. Take one day or rather one moment at a time. You WILL be there very soon. And believe me, nothing gives as good a high as a good workout. That feeling of achievement after every single exercise session is so pleasing. Currently I am going through the sciatica pain and back pain, so I am almost not doing too much of exercise, but I do move about and walk for at least half an hour. So remember, do whatever you can with whatever you have. And remember, NOTHING can stop you from achieving your dreams.
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Be kind to yourself. You say you've got a lot of stress... You're apparently active and sporty despite a momentarily lapse in healthy eating. Your coach might have been insensitive, but he/she probably doesn't know everything that's going on your personal life. So just think kindly of yourself, just as you would of someone else telling you this kind of problems. One month is nothing. A few gained pounds is nothing. You only need to eat healthy today. And then repeat :)
  • raegrey0
    raegrey0 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you everyone! this support means so much to me.