I'm pear shaped...

So I'm pear shaped and I love my body type...the only thing is, is that I'm having a hard time losing a few pounds especially in the lower pooch.
I would also like to enhance my pear shape, so is there any specific workouts that I should do?

And also diet, is there any food that is ideal for my body shape?

Thank you, if there is anything else I should know..comment below or add me ☺

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    There is nothing that you can do to really target an area. You will lose the pooch when you reduce your overall body fat. It is just that genetics determined where you are going to carry and store fat. I am pear shaped too. I have found that building some leg muscle helps to balance out my hips, and then working on my back and shoulders makes me look a little more hourglass.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    All about the overall body fat.

As a fellow pear shaped lady, I completely get where you're coming from. I'm less than 20lbs out from my goal and I'm holding just about all of my extra body fat in my lower pooch or side of my thigh type areas. The reality is, it's genetic.

My advice? Continue to lose the weight you're looking to and embrace your natural shape, pooch and all. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.

You may seem some success from lifting heavy, but that again really depends on how much body fat you're carrying.
  • arachnofobia7
    arachnofobia7 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi there:) Here is your fellow pear shaped, endomorphic body type:) flat stomach and big booty? hard work, appropriate diet and tons of patience, having done most of the diets with rather poor results I've ended up here - counting calories, watching carbs and fat intake along with daily runs/power walks to keep my body in decent shape. You are much younger than it should be much easier much easier for you, however get ready for a life time of rather healthy lifestyle if you want to hold on to your pretty figure:))