Wrong Calorie Goal

For the last several days, MFP has posted the wrong calorie goal on my summary and food diary. I am in maintenance, but the calorie goal points to a 500 cal deficit. Why is this and why is it not being fixed?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    My guess is that it is because MFP has a terrible software development process, or they aren't following the process.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Are you paying for premium OP?
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    And mine won't change. Answers seem to be 'omg don't be so lazy check the community help desk there's an official response' ... which I haven't been able to find :P
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    I had a friend who had this problem a couple days ago; she had to uninstall and install the app again.
  • spoonyspork
    edited May 2015
    It's not just the app: it's the whole site. Try to change your goals on the site itself. It'll tell you what they should be, then stay the same XD
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I've heard of this on the phone app. Try using your computer to change them.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    It's not just the app: it's the whole site. Try to change your goals on the site itself. It'll tell you what they should be, then stay the same XD

I had the same problem yesterday. I solved it by using the "custom" option.

• puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    This just happened to me on App and the website. It also corrected for me when I changed my settings to custom.
  • spoonyspork
    edited May 2015
    Annie_01 wrote: »

I had the same problem yesterday. I solved it by using the "custom" option.

No dice: still says the same thing after I changed to custom (which was also set to over 2000 calories even though it says my current maintenance at my weight and exercise level should be ~1700)

*edit*

Note that I don't particularly mind as I can just remember what I have as far as calories. I'm trying to get closer to IIFYM-type eating though, so it's problematic that it won't change. :/
  • GSV3MiaC
    GSV3MiaC Posts: 22 Member
    My partner's goal had same problem - she was set for 750 calorie shortfall (1.5 lbs/week weight loss) but all the calculations were being done based on 1000 calorie shortfall so she was starving herself to no good purpose.

Also on the home page, the calorie calculation seems to assume that the 1200 'lower limit' for a woman is NET calories, rather than GROSS calories. So if you burn 2000 calories worth of extra exercise, and eat 2000 calories, it'll tell you that you need to (or 'can') eat 1200 more (1200 net + 2000 - 2000 = 1200 left) which is clearly nonsense if you are trying to lose weight?!

Fitbit was getting the right answers, when fed by MFPs calorie input numbers .. MFP was showing the right exercise calories, but despite having the same 1.5 lb/week goal as fitbit, it was getting the wrong answer. This is annoying at best, and possibly dangerous at worst.

MFP has (thanks to users) a good UK food database, but the supporting website / software seems to be well flaky.