What do you eat for lunch & dinner?

Options
mocha204
mocha204 Posts: 10 Member
I need help! I'm 5'7" 112 pounds & my goal weight is 160. I'd like to take in 3,000 calories a day (1,000 for each meal). I think reaching 1,000 for breakfast will be easy . . . . But I'm kind of struggling to come up with meals for lunch & dinner.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Are you trying to overcome an eating disorder or a recent illness? 112 is too little for a woman your height, but is it your normal or is it a low from what used to be normal?

My wife got too light once and her dietitian recommended that she have gravy with her potatoes, butter with her bread, ice cream with her dessert, and snack often.

A simple way to solve your lunch and dinner dilemma is to double your portion of everything you normally get.
  • mocha204
    mocha204 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to overcome an eating disorder or a recent illness? 112 is too little for a woman your height, but is it your normal or is it a low from what used to be normal?

My wife got too light once and her dietitian recommended that she have gravy with her potatoes, butter with her bread, ice cream with her dessert, and snack often.

A simple way to solve your lunch and dinner dilemma is to double your portion of everything you normally get.

Nope I've just always been small. Thanks for the advice!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hamburger and fries.

Don't turn down opportunities to add a little fat; butter on your toast, cream in your coffee, full fat dressings on your salads, cream soups, etc.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with this, too. Some ideas I've written down for afternoon and evening meals...

Sandwich (PBJ, cold cuts, tuna salad, egg salad, grilled cheese)
    Cottage cheese and fruit (this is more a snack than a full meal)
    Pasta (mac/cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, chicken salad pasta, etc)
    Roast meat & potatoes
    Chicken, rice or pasta, cream of mushroom over it all
    Funeral potatoes (google it... I love 'em!)

And of course don't eat anything "diet", lite, low-whatever, or fat free. Full fat dairy, butter, olive oil, and there's nothing wrong with junk food! I eat candy bars daily, donuts and cheese cake a couple times a week, etc
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Sludge. You want some calories in a small package?

64g peanut butter (I prefer natural because *kitten* hydrogenated oil)
    60g protein powder of your choice
    Some blueberries
    Enough milk to get the whole thing mixable but still thick

Pop it in the fridge/freezer until nice and chilled, or not if you don't want, but I prefer it that way. Eat using either apple slices, bagels, or english muffins as utensils.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What are your favorite foods? Because I would just find recipes around that. And if you need some good recipes, I am a huge fan of www.theproteinchef.co and www.mccormick.com. Also, if you need 3k calories, (which does seem like a lot for someone your size), I would probably eat more frequently so you don't have to aim for so many calories at once. I would also have some chocolate milk or fruit juices with each meal. The below thread can probably be helpful as well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

BTW, why do you think you need 3000 calories? Because if you gain fast, it won't be pretty.... I can assure you of that.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that I work from home so I have time to prepare food - I know it's less easy if you're out all day.
    For lunch I generally have sandwiches (granary bread, lots of butter and fillings like cheese,egg or tuna) , cheese omelette, griiled cheese on toast, rice or pasta with tuna or cheese or leftover meat (with things like mayo to bump up the calories) Dinner varies. I'm on a restricted diet due to a health condition,and I tend to cook things from scratch. Tonight I'll be having fish pie made with salmon, smoked haddock,cheese sauce and buttery mashed potato.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Ps one thing I do is to log my dinner at the start of the day, after I've had breakfast. That way I know how much I need to eat for lunch and snacks to reach my calorie goal.