Healthier pancakes: higher on protein, less carbs & sugar

Options
FallGirl84
FallGirl84 Posts: 33 Member
edited January 2017 in Recipes
This is nowadays my go-to pancake recipe, when I crave something delicious on my breakfast plate. It's easy to make, too:

200 grams / 7 oz of cottage cheese, 2% fat
3 eggs
65 grams / 2,3 oz rolled oats
Dash of baking powder (optional, just makes the pancakes more fluffy)
For your liking: Cinnamon and/or vanilla extract

Throw everything in a blender, pulse it as much as needed for the mixture to form a good batter and start frying. This recipe makes about 6-8 pancakes. If you make six, then one pancake has about 100 calories, 9 grams of protein, 7 grams carbs and about 4 grams fat.

Healthier than normal pancakes and still tastes great!

P.S. If the batter looks too thick, add a drop of skimmed/low fat milk.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Kodiak Cakes. My go to protein pancakes.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I make similar pancakes but instead of eggs I use egg whites from the carton. Yum!
  • FallGirl84
    FallGirl84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I make similar pancakes but instead of eggs I use egg whites from the carton. Yum!

That's good, specially if you want to make them very low-fat and without too much cholesterol. Where I live they sell those cartons, too - but they're way too expensive for everyday use compared to normal egg boxes.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    FallGirl84 wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »

That's good, specially if you want to make them very low-fat and without too much cholesterol. Where I live they sell those cartons, too - but they're way too expensive for everyday use compared to normal egg boxes.

Yes they are! I get mine from Costco so they are a little bit cheaper than at a regular store, but still more than eggs.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I wish I could get that where I am - it looks awesome!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I wish I could get that where I am - it looks awesome!

I got mine on target.com
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I keep meaning to try those cottage cheese/oatmeal pancakes... maybe soon!

I do like kodiak cakes too though, although they don't always satisfy the real pancake craving for me.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this recipe! It looks like it would be GF too. I'll have to try it!