DEWS Support Group April &May, 2017

Options
AliceWinston
AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
edited April 2017 in Challenges
DEWS, Diet, Execise, Water, Support

Diet. Pick your level of calories. Log in. Stick to it until the end of May

Exercise. Set your goal, but at least 20 min per day to start. Balance with aerobic, stretching, and weight. Get a minimum of one day of each to start.

Water. At least 8 glasses a day. Alcohol doesn't count.

Support. Support yourself. Surround yourself with suppotive people. Support others, at least once a week give a pep talk to someone who needs it. For self support, make time for yourself. Carve out space and time, even if other people don't want you to...and most of the time, someone will be put off by it (we all know why, but it is still hard to say, I need to exercise now, when someone else believes he or she has a better plan for you). Take care of your medical and personal needs. If you are alone, hold your own hand and talk to yourself as if you are a child you love. If you have struggled with illnesses and injuries, it makes this journey a bit harder, and people can lack empathy, or even be hostile, but the journey is even more important, when you need to build your strength again and drop extra weight with illnesses and injuries. It is important to prevent injuies and illnesses too. Support yourself or no one else will.

Replies

• AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Alice's DEWS for the remainder of April and May

Diet. 1300 calories

Exercise. Ive been down with back, knee injuries and pneumonia, so I'll be doing only what I can now, which means little walking for now. Hard bevause my main exercises have always been hiking and jogging. For now, 20 min a day of whatever I can do.

Water. 8 glasses
    Limit on alcohol. Avoid during the week unless there is a special occasion. Generally, aim for only 2 glasses of wine, and put something over my glass so it can't be topped off.

Support, and Sleep. I'm trying to start this group. I've always found it is a big inconvenience to others if I'm dieting. Avoid telling others. Assert my needs, very politely, and let the chips fall. I am important too.
    Reach out and support others. Many have greater obstacles than I do.
    Keep on trying after setbacks.
    Other support to self, get to bed by midnight and meds by 9 or 10.
    Cut potatoe chips and fries until I'm at my goal weight. I cut them out for years, but my bf is British, and we eat way too many fish and chips.
    Fast one day a week, probably Monday.
    Continue aggressively with my medical treatment, even though I have little support. Support myself and care for myself.
    Carve out space and time for exercise. I have neither in our house.