What are your favourite podcasts for weight loss, healthy lifestyle or plain old entertainment?

Options
NRTL
NRTL Posts: 16 Member
Hey all, I love a good podcast and am wondering what recommendations the MFP community have. My favourites (non-health and fitness related) are Criminal; Baggage Reclaim Sessions and The Untold, but I don't yet know of any good health/weight-loss/fitness related ones. What are your favourites, of any genre?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dr. Fuhrman on PBS. One hour show. My go to video when I can't fall asleep. Better than melatonin. Or My 600 lbs life old shows on youtube.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    If you want positive messages and to hear peoples stories look up Half Size Me
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Brad Shoenfeld
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Still waiting for Alan Aragon to make that appearance on Joe Rogan Experience, but no, he went Gary Taubes smh

when your fav podcaster goes full potato :9
  • NRTL
    Options
    Still waiting for Alan Aragon to make that appearance on Joe Rogan Experience, but no, he went Gary Taubes smh

when your fav podcaster goes full potato :9

Or rather, no potato if GT has got anything to do with it!
  • NRTL
    Options
    Thanks everyone, subscribed to all and will be taking them to the gym with me!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For entertainment:
    My Brother, My Brother and Me
    Sawbones
    Judge John Hodgman
    How Did This Get Made
    Spontaneanation
    Stuff You Missed In History Class
    Welcome to Nightvale
    Craig's List
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sigma Nutrition is a good one.

Fitcast is more exercise focused, but has a ton of episodes and introduced me to lots of good people.
  • NRTL
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    For entertainment:
    Sawbones
    Judge John Hodgman
    How Did This Get Made
    Spontaneanation
    Welcome to Nightvale
    Craig's List
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

I haven't listened to any of these - perfect! Thanks so much for the recommendations.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Welcome to Night Vale. A radio broadcast from a small town trapped in a Lovecraftian horror pocket of reality. It's weird and fun.

And Thrilling Adventure Hour, an old timey styled radio theater show. This has several different series based on different styles of old shows. Most of them pretty funny. My favorites are Beyond Belief, about a happily married couple of very wealthy, occult fighting alcoholics. Sparks Nevada, Martial from Mars (mi inlaws live in Sparks, lol), and Captain Lazerbeam a Superhero.

Also started on The Orbiting Human Circus of the Air, which is done bybthe Night Vale people. It's....odd, but interesting. I've only just started though, so we'll see where it goes.
  • NRTL
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sigma Nutrition is a good one.

Fitcast is more exercise focused, but has a ton of episodes and introduced me to lots of good people.

Adding these to the list - thank you!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    For entertainment:
    Sawbones
    Judge John Hodgman
    How Did This Get Made
    Spontaneanation
    Welcome to Nightvale
    Craig's List
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Wait...I think this is pretty much literally my podcast list.
  • NRTL
    Options
    grmrsan wrote: »
    Welcome to Night Vale. A radio broadcast from a small town trapped in a Lovecraftian horror pocket of reality. It's weird and fun.

And Thrilling Adventure Hour, an old timey styled radio theater show. This has several different series based on different styles of old shows. Most of them pretty funny. My favorites are Beyond Belief, about a happily married couple of very wealthy, occult fighting alcoholics. Sparks Nevada, Martial from Mars (mi inlaws live in Sparks, lol), and Captain Lazerbeam a Superhero.

Also started on The Orbiting Human Circus of the Air, which is done bybthe Night Vale people. It's....odd, but interesting. I've only just started though, so we'll see where it goes.

Do you like all the Minnow Beats Whale podcasts - Tanis, Rabbits and The Black Tapes? I always feel overwhelmed by how many Night Vales there are, but I'm going to give them a try, thanks!
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If anyone remembers the old late-night call in radio show Loveline with Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew Pinsky, it's spirit lives on in the Adam and Dr. Drew podcast.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    NRTL wrote: »
    grmrsan wrote: »

Do you like all the Minnow Beats Whale podcasts - Tanis, Rabbits and The Black Tapes? I always feel overwhelmed by how many Night Vales there are, but I'm going to give them a try, thanks!

Never heard of those? I'll look them up. If you do Night Vale, go in order. Each season has it's own storyline, and they get more involved as time goes on. And each season refers to events in previous seasons.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For entertainment:
    Sawbones
    Judge John Hodgman
    How Did This Get Made
    Spontaneanation
    Welcome to Nightvale
    Craig's List
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Wait...I think this is pretty much literally my podcast list.

B)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Non-health related - I love the Morbid Curiosity podcasts. Really informative and factual podcasts about a variety of topics about which people have morbid curiosity. Everything from the Bermuda Triangle to head shrinking, medieval torture to Lizzy Borden, urban legends and ghost and ghoul stories and the facts behind them. It's very cool.
  • NRTL
    Options
    Non-health related - I love the Morbid Curiosity podcasts. Really informative and factual podcasts about a variety of topics about which people have morbid curiosity. Everything from the Bermuda Triangle to head shrinking, medieval torture to Lizzy Borden, urban legends and ghost and ghoul stories and the facts behind them. It's very cool.

Sounds great! A bit like Lore, if you know that one? My podcast list is looking pretty epic :)