700-1000 calorie diet

Options
Hi, I'm on a 700-1000 calorie diet. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I've read online that this kind of diet is hard to maintain and that I would gain it all back. But if I reach my goal weight and bump up my calories little by little (week 1: 1000, week 2: 1100, and so on) will I still gain the weight back? Or will my body adjust

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Crash diets usually result in regain and some extra. You should care about your health more than your weight and at calories this low you are not getting proper energy or nutrition. Eat at a reasonable deficit and think of your health.
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My concern would be the mucsle loss. Even at a 1600 cal diet, if I dont do strenght training, I drop muscle fast. Up to you what your goal is .. if you want the scale to be lower I am sure that will work , but if you want to look/feel your best, slower weight loss per week may be more beneficial.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I cut my calories way too far and i ended up with a buzzing sound in my ears and an extremely slow metabolism. I've managed to get my metabolism going again, but the buzzing sound is sporadic. Both are a result from rapid weight loss.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    darlibby wrote: »
    As someone who is 5 feet tall, with a small frame, and 109 pounds, 1500 calories is not too little. I actually can only have 1500 calories to maintain. Calories are not one-size-fits-all.

Does 97 pounds sound too small? Well it's not, it's still within average weight for my height and frame.

It is within the healthy range but it is the low end.
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry just reading this. I eat between 1100-1300 and most days I'm hungry at.