Why do some people stay slim, and never gain weight?

xfc1
xfc1 Posts: 69 Member
I'm not talking about biological factors where there is some factor preventing them from gaining. I'm talking about when they have made a decision to keep slim. I have my own theory as to why they want to do that (at least for some people), but I'm curious as to why you think that they do that. Let's exclude people who are in the business of being seen (models, acting) where being slim is part of their job.

Replies

• xfc1
    xfc1 Posts: 69 Member
    Any other reasons?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Some have eating disorders...
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2017
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Some people don't have the urge to overeat.

Second that.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    What is your theory because I sort of don't understand what you are asking... maybe if I see your logic, I might :) I'm always more curious about people who seem to eat and eat (and not just healthy foods) and never get fat!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    xfc1 wrote: »
    Any other reasons?

Because people are vain. Because people need to be a certain weight for a sport.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    My motivation for maintaining a healthy weight is so I can more easily do the activities I enjoy, like backpacking, kayaking, and biking. I also want to be happier and healthier in the later years of my life.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited July 2017
    The highest I've ever weighed was 160lbs, which is the higher end of Healthy for my weight. I've never gone above that because once I hit 160lbs, I don't like how I look anymore, I don't feel comfortable and I make an effort to get back to a lower weight. I don't know why 160 is my "magic number" but it's always just been like that! I usually hover between 140-160.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Having done that for about 40 years I can give one perspective. I don't like the way I look or feel when I'm fat, and I care about my health. It was as simple as that. I chose not to overeat to the point of getting fat because I liked being thin and healthy better.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I guess we should ask what you mean by "slim". I took it as normal, healthy weight range. But I see others are taking it as "underweight". What did you intend?