Exercise & Water Retention

Options
W8WarI
W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
edited January 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I consumed, a lot of sodium; the previous week & it's near, my expected TOM; so I gained 3.8 pounds {4.8 pounds, if the pound; that I was suppose to rid myself of's included}! Therefore I assume that this'd be an especially excellent time to begin a new exercise, increase duration or intensity, since I am; already water logged & it's necessary, for muscle repair! However since I'm already retaining, nearly 5 pounds of water's it realistic; that I'd retain anymore thereafter or begin, to lose?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you want to try a new exercise, do it. Timing of water retention would not even factor into that choice for me. But yes, you could retain more as your muscles repair and adapt, because the cause/purpose of the water is different. There is not a "limit" to how much extra water your body can hang on to.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    If you want to try a new exercise, do it. Timing of water retention would not even factor into that choice for me. But yes, you could retain more as your muscles repair and adapt, because the cause/purpose of the water is different. There is not a "limit" to how much extra water your body can hang on to.

Thank you kindly, for your response; I understand!