Loose Skin & Dating

Options
coffeebean08
coffeebean08 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
I have lost about 200 lbs in total my highest weight being 206 and I yoyo-ed a few times to 140 180 120 200 now 132 where I have settled for about 2 years. The last guy I dated knew me when I was heavier and seemed attracted to me (he was heavier also) and we started dating after I lost weight. Anyways...he kind of broke my confidence (which is already low) and called me a whale while I was naked and told me he liked my face not my body. I ended it after that but his words stuck with me. It's always a fear of mine getting naked because of my skin and cellulite etc. I'm pretty much the definition of skinny fat. I feel like I don't want to disappoint guys cause they have this image in their head when they see you but when your naked they get something else. I wish there was a dating site for people who were previously overweight so I wouldn't shock people or have yo explain the "situation". How did you guys tell your partners about your weight loss and loose skin during dating?

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    YOU are AWESOME! You did SO MUCH!! Don't let some troll come in and wreck what you've done. I agree with the posts above, especially about changing your body. Do it for you. Do everything for you, but know that you're awesome. Some mouth-breathing troll who's probably jealous that you lost the weight and changed your life is not the definition of you.

YOU are the definition of you. You define your life. You define how you live it and the choices you make. You have the power and you are awesome.

Non-trolls will love you for you and give you confidence when you're with them, even if they are lifelong partners or friends or cool people you meet along the way. Everyone else that acts like a troll, toss them suckers right back and move on. Life is too short to worry about the trolls lurking under the bridge. Wield your AWESOME like a sword, because you've earned it.

Seriously. Awesome. :D:D
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Anyways...he kind of broke my confidence (which is already low) and called me a whale while I was naked and told me he liked my face not my body.

How can a human being say that to another person? Jesus.
    I wish there was a dating site for people who were previously overweight so I wouldn't shock people or have yo explain the "situation".

Indeed. Having to have "the talk" with someone new every time you can see third date territory coming is completely ridiculous.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    If your weight is stable and your doctor confirms that your skin won't contract anymore then you could consider plastic surgery if it's really important to you. My wife has a scar that goes "all the way around" her waist. It worked pretty well and the color has faded so that it is hardly visible and it is under the bikini line. It's an option. Having "the talk" is another option that is less risky and expensive. Personally, I'd recommend alot of weight training before trying anything else. Either way, it's a better problem to have than obesity.