MCL left knee tear Grade 2 & osteoarthritis Grade 3

Options
leonoraoropesa
leonoraoropesa Posts: 41 Member
edited July 2018 in Challenges
Hi,
I was inactive since April 4, 2018 since my MCL left knee injury. It impacts my entire physical ability to exercise. I never thought having these injury will cause multiple other injuries. My ability to walk due to pain, my mobility impacts my hips and my back. I am still off work due to the extensive treatment I have to receive but finding a good physiotherapist and being proactive with the treatment regimen helps me a lot. I was in constant pain in a scale of 10, I was experiencing 7-8 pain scale and was put only on Cyclobenzapine (muscle relaxant) at night and a twice a day Naproxen 500 mg (NSAID) it barely touch alleviating my pain at all. I was immobile for 3 months except my Physiotherapy which include twice a week a 6 treatment in 1 single session that includes dry needling, acupuncture, Interferential Current Therapy, & the soft/deep massage. 1dzi3hms751g.jpeg

I am getting better but having a good Physiotherapist is the best option you have after an injury like mine. It was a freak accident but thanks God my husband was proactive to find a good PT because he experience bad Physiotherapist when he had back injuries. He help me a lot to work on getting better because from being so inactive and in pain all the time makes me frustrated, upset & depressed at times. So my advice as a nurse myself find a good physiotherapist if you had an injury and no one knows better yourself except you so trust yourself so further injury can be prevented. I hope everyone a nice evening.