Having trouble staying motivated after losing 40lbs & getting a concussion

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
edited September 2018 in Motivation and Support
I got a concussion Saturday and it’s a struggle to log & im having trouble caring about being on track. But it was already starting to be a problem before then because I feel happy with my progress and I think I am becoming complacent and I’m not quite out of obesity yet (about 5lbs left). But still 30 before normal BMI.

Any thoughts welcome. If you experienced this let me know.

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Still working on my own but maybe do maintenance for a while and go from there
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Stay with it and do the best you can at this moment.
    Maybe review yourself objectively as to possibly....maybe.....how come you may be scared to coming to the end of this road and starting down another.....just a thought o:)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Stay with it and do the best you can at this moment.
    Maybe review yourself objectively as to possibly....maybe.....how come you may be scared to coming to the end of this road and starting down another.....just a thought o:)
    Still working on my own but maybe do maintenance for a while and go from there

Thank you. I would do maintenance, except it’s more the logging itself, measuring & weighing that I feel apathetic about. Not wanting more food. I just want easy and the easy options are low protein high carb eg a bagel and cheese which makes me hungry for more later.

In my teens through adult life I haven’t been below 150. 150 was my weight in grade 11 when I lost 10lbs or so because I had gym class. I am getting close. I have about 15lbs before I cross that threshold. 160 is like my first goalpost, where I’m not obese anymore. But my goal of 130 where I’m not overweight anymore (I’m 5’2) is scary for sure. I can’t even imagine it. I’m not sure I would feel like myself without being at least a little chubby.