Anyone losing weight with no excercise?

Options
Hi everyone. Was just curious if there’s anyone out there who’s lost weight / is losing weight by eating healthier and sticking to a calorie deficit without excercising?

Replies

• Ilovesewing
    Ilovesewing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I only started my journey in September, but I've lost 9 pounds in 8 weeks without exercise. I have to do it that way because exercise doesn't come naturally to me and I know I won't stick with it. So if I lose by exercise then it will come right back on when I stop exercising...and I will stop. So calories only for me! So far so good.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yep. Still losing and haven't exercised more than 2 or 3 times. I do want to start once I'm down a bit more though. Help tone up at least my legs and arms.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 90kg to 78.5kg without exercise so far
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    “You can’t out exercise a bad diet”.

I get plenty of movement in my day to day life, I don’t go to the gym (and hit my goal weight 10 pounds ago).

I do plan on doing some weights this winter, but that’s with the goal of body shaping NOT weight loss.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lost a large portion without exercise. It wasn’t until a lot of weight was gone that I was even comfortable exercising. Exercise is good for overall health and can give you wiggle room with additional calories you can eat but not necessary for weight loss.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any gym exercise but I walk 30mins a day if that even counts? Lost 44 lbs in a year doing it with calorie deficit alone.
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a self-admitted slug, although not completely sedentary. I've lost 8 pounds this past month or so by cutting back calories only. I'm making much better food choices overall too. My only "exercise" is the walking around NYC I do to get to and from my job - which is a bit of a walk from subway stops. Same from home to my rail station and short walks to get lunch, banking, whatever. Adds up to about 30-45 minutes of walking a day. Maybe a bit more on weekends if out and about running errands. I had been wearing a Fitbit for several months and my average was about 8000 steps a day which was quite a bit more than I thought it would be.

I've never been into exerting myself much and now I have some mobility issues (mostly osteoarthritis in my knees) so even less so. Walking is the only thing I can manage but not even that for long lengths of time but I do what I can. It's really the calorie deficit which is having the impact on my weight overall.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yup, me. Haven't done a minute of exercise this year and have lost 10kg. I also dont 'eat healthy' I just eat less. I might start exercising soon though to tone up