Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅฐ

Options

Replies

• IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @bionicpuffy AWESOME! I'm so happy you found a fun and effective tool...Keep it up!๐Ÿ’ซ
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited June 2019
    Options
    t9zxqq0aj64w.jpg
    Are we nearing our goals MFP family?

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Options

4 lbs away from my end of June goal!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Options
    @Jamie2663 FANTASTIC!! 2 Weeks left in the month.
    ๐Ÿ—ฃYOU GOT THIS!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ซ
  • jdlatshaw
    jdlatshaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My doctor gave me a metaphor for my weight problem. She said at my weight I was carrying around 2 people of my ideal size and weight. That was it for me! She explained that my heart had to work as if I was 2 of me, a sure path to a heart attack. She recommended that I use MyFitnessPal to track my caloric intake and encourage me to do more cardio exercises, like walking and bike riding. I've lost 10 pounds in 3 months, a healthy plan of 0.3 pound per week.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Options
    @jdlatshaw glad it's working for you.. but if I may ask, why .03 lbs a week??
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hoping to be solidly in the 150s by the end of June, so I can reach my 1st real goal of 155 by the beginning of August. So far, so good. I'll hit 159 by my Monday weigh in and *should* be 158ish by July 1.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Dont stop now, You've come o far!

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    I'm down 80 lbs so far. Thank god I don't have a specific diet. The ability to satisfy cravings is a big life saver for me. Yesterday and Today I had a doughnut for breakfast from 7-11. I used the doughnuts from Dunkin as stand-ins. I couldn't help myself, waiting in line to buy an energy drink and they were just right there. Thankfully, they're only 300 calories. So not a day ruiner for me.

Still though, if I crave fast food, pizza, gyro's, ect. I can have it, just so long as its under my daily limit. This has really saved my life with calorie counting.
  • bionicpuffy
    Options
    @mattig89ch - I am with you about meals. Having a strict diet- ie keto, paleo, vegan - never works for me. I end up getting frustrated and angry and give up. My diet can be summed up as: eat whatever I want in moderation( except for vegetables that I eat as much as I want of!) and stay within calorie limits.
  • Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Unexpected travel took me off my running goal for the month but I'm glad to be back eating right and running again I'm not looking forward to seeing what the scale has to say though lol.
  • Jamie2663
    Options
    qamrqimgqn07.jpg
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    t9zxqq0aj64w.jpg

Slowly, but surely! I'm encouraged. Tired...but encouraged! Stay strong all!
  • bionicpuffy
    Options
    Grumbling to myself today. Mondays I use as my official weigh in day, to compare weight loss week-to-week. Today's weigh in? No movement. Nada. Zilch. I'm going to say that it's muscle soreness (and therefore, water retention) because my legs are pretty stiff/sore today from all the hiking. But still disheartening.
  • TheAssyrian
    TheAssyrian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pinch of sea salt and a cup of water. Tricks your body into thinking you ate but you don't really consume any calories. Has saved me many times
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    Pinch of sea salt and a cup of water. Tricks your body into thinking you ate but you don't really consume any calories. Has saved me many times

Homemade electrolyte drink? Seems reasonable.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Options
    HOPE EVERYONE (who celebrates it any) HAD A FABULOUS FORTH!!!

Soo...Yesterday was my birthday...and I thought I'd be really sad..again (I haven't taken bdays so well since I turned 40)...But it turned out pretty nice, beautifully actually. TURNS OUT ALL THESE YEARS, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE A LOOK AROUND AT ALL OF MY MANY BLESSINGS, BE GRATEFUL AND I COULD HAVE STARTED ENJOYING MY "MIDDLE AGE" BIRTHDAYS ALOT SOONER!โค๐ŸŽ†

Anyone else suffer a midlife crisis yet?๐Ÿ‘€ Lol
  • bjdavidson964
    Options

Soo...Yesterday was my birthday...and I thought I'd be really sad..again (I haven't taken bdays so well since I turned 40)...But it turned out pretty nice, beautifully actually. TURNS OUT ALL THESE YEARS, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE A LOOK AROUND AT ALL OF MY MANY BLESSINGS, BE GRATEFUL AND I COULD HAVE STARTED ENJOYING MY "MIDDLE AGE" BIRTHDAYS ALOT SOONER!โค๐ŸŽ†

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Getting older is a humbling experience. Some days I feel like it truly sucks, but 'all' days I'm thankful and feel blessed to be healthy and to see another day. I had some of my younger Zumba buddies laughing before class yesterday... to amuse them I started doing squats, with my knees creaking to the beat! Gotta find humor!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

Homemade electrolyte drink? Seems reasonable.

I'm going to counter and suggest that "tricking your body" sounds like a quasi-disordered way to view food. If you're struggling with hunger I'd bet a meaningful amount of money you're trying to sustain an unsustainable loss rate for the amount of fat you have to lose OR you're not skilled at budgeting your calories over the course of the day and blowing through them too quickly.
  • Jamie2663
    Options

Can't relate... I have been 24 for 10 years.... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ