What do you call these where you’re from?

Options
vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
edited July 2019 in Chit-Chat
In Toronto Canada we call these freezies.
I know in some places in America they call them freeze pops or an ice pop.

1r4p33w0d86t.jpeg
fw1e0yuor6ip.jpeg

Replies

• katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ice pops or Otter Pops (brand name)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Florida, USA - I've said freeze pops, ice pops, and juice pops. Pretty much "something" pop.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Freeze pops in CT.
  • OmaGracie
    OmaGracie Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Freezies in Ontario, Canada
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cool pops!
  • promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What do you call the thing you hold your groceries in while you push it through the store? We call it a carriage where I'm from but now I live where they call it a cart.
  • promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    BTW: Those were "freeze pops" to me.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    What do you call the thing you hold your groceries in while you push it through the store? We call it a carriage where I'm from but now I live where they call it a cart.

A cart also or Grocery cart.

If you told me to go get a carriage I’d think you’re talking about a baby carriage.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I usually just call them a zooper
    j48136ujoa1v.jpg
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    We don't really have those here but the closest thing we have are called "duros", which translates literally to "hard". This is what they look like

mxt4ul5s3qds.jpg
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Older people in the south tend to call them buggies. I say cart.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    We don't really have those here but the closest thing we have are called "duros", which translates literally to "hard". This is what they look like

mxt4ul5s3qds.jpg

Those look huge or is it just the picture? I wonder where you’re from where they don’t sell freezies.
  • vanityy99
    Options

Older people in the south tend to call them buggies. I say cart.

Oh yeah I’ve heard people say buggy too.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Shopping trolley.. :)
  • MikePTY
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

mxt4ul5s3qds.jpg

Those look huge or is it just the picture? I wonder where you’re from where they don’t sell freezies.

They are much much bigger than your freezes. I mean we can get them at some of the supermarkets but they are not really part of the culture.
  • vanityy99
    Options

mxt4ul5s3qds.jpg

They are much much bigger than your freezes. I mean we can get them at some of the supermarkets but they are not really part of the culture.

How do you eat those? Like you would a freezie??
  • MikePTY
    Options

mxt4ul5s3qds.jpg

How do you eat those? Like you would a freezie??

You just kind of bite into the side of it and tear some of the plastic off with your teeth. Then through the hole in the plastic, you push the rest of it out.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Popsicles
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @MikePTY Those are economy size, thanks for sharing. We call them ice pops.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We call them popsicles where I am.