Ultimate Accountability Challenge August 2019

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

Join us for August https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133484-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2019

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you, @stella7x7; @w8goal4life; @MadisonMolly2017 ; and @BonnieHosk85
    I am grateful to all of you and I am especially touched by Maddie's statement that the UAC is like Cheers.
    That is one of the reasons that we only promote the UAC once per month. It's better to keep the team not-so-large that members get lost or ignored.
    Join us for August. See the link in the first post above.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing group. Thie accountability challenge helps to keep you honest about your food consumption not only as far as the group goes but to yourself. The other awesome part is it gets you in the habit of exercise. Once you get in the habit of daily exercise it becomes second nature. The encouragement you receive is priceless because it is from sincere folks that are in the same boat you are in.
    What have you got to lose execpt pounds and inches. You mighy just gain energy and confidence from your new habits/way of life.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively a newbie to UAC, having joined mid May, 2019. Although I joined too late for the winner's circle that month, I knew I needed to start being accountable immediately! My posts are usually the bare minimum, but I'm often inspired by other members' posts. My hope is to eventually get off of blood pressure medicine by losing weight. UAC motivates me to get in some exercise EVERY day, as well as watching my food intake. This accountability group is great!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this challenge as of July 1st and I have to say it’s a great group. If you’re looking for a great group of people and a motivating challenge then the UAC is for you.
  • cookiesncreme200148
    cookiesncreme200148 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join this group. 😀
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Great bunch of supportive and responsive people. The accountability keeps me on track. Thanks, @RangerRickL for all the motivation.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Here is the link to the August Ultimate Accountability Challenge
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133484-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2019
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I joined this group May 1st and by the end of June lost 14 of 15lbs I had regained during some stressful times. I aimed for maintenance in July for a variety of reasons and am looking to lose a little more in August again. UAC helped me lose, and has been helping me in what has felt like the trickier territory of maintaining.

I already loved MFP but this group takes the experience up a notch. I love that the rules promote daily activity, for me its key to feeling good and staying on track. That activity can be as easy or as difficult as you wish.

Love the positive spirit here. I get a strong feeling of community as well as gentle accountability.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I've been part of the UAC since February, and this month will be the first where I didn't make it to the Winners' Circle: a vacation at the beginning of the month and last week did me in. But I'll be back at it next month and working on continuing those healthy habits and hearing great advice from other UAC members. The group is awesome and supportive.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks @fitphoenix and @goldthistime I really appreciate you for sharing
    Rick
  • Jannicke7
    Jannicke7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join, how do I do that?
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I will join the August challenge. I had joined the April challenge and was good for 2 or 3 weeks and fell off the wagon when I got sick due to flu. Giving this a try again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,034 Member
    Options
    Jannicke7 wrote: »
    Hi! I would love to join, how do I do that?

@Jannicke7
    @cookiesncreme200148

Great! Please use link in the first post of this discussion!! Welcome aboard!!