Kick me up the *kitten*.

Hello, I could use some advice please.

As much as I've been enjoying my workout and bulking routine, I'm starting to get a bit lost as to how progress.

I feel like my calories must be a little out of whack, and depending on the day/time/how much i've eaten/what colour the moon is I can vary from anything about 11st 13lbs to 12st6lbs lol. I also feel that I've been putting on more fat than and that I'm not entirely sure what cardio etc I can be doing to help trim this down a bit.

This has compounded to create a mood where I'd like to go to the gym, but just feel as though I'm self defeating at the moment.

Thoughts would be appreciated on:
a) Re-calculating my calories and macro % split to aim towards a bit of fat lost while maintaining muscle, with the aim of going back onto a bulk to continue mass gain once complete.
b) Expected timescale of a.
c) Recommended routines to help with these goals - particularly cardio, running, swimming, HIIT, yoga etc on off days that's recommended to help.
d) Just general re-motivation - a little burnt out.

Many thanks, and stay awesome.

Replies

• davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    I remember your last post. You were on a pretty high calorie surplus with limited access to the gym. We talked about taking it steadier on your bulk.

To lose fat, I’ve gone for a 20-25% deficit with a macro distribution of 40:40:20 c:p:f. I got pretty good results with that and certainly no obvious muscle loss (helped by the fact I’m still a newbie to lifting and was training regularly). I lost a shade under 1lb/week with that. I ran it for about 2 months.

I’m now eating at about a 10% surplus.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Agree with A. If your profile is a current picture you're probably over 20% BF and outside the typical range to effectively bulk.

Are you an an area where you can put a on weighted pack (maybe 20 lbs or so) and go for a 45-60 minute walk on your days off? Heck you can do that after lifting also. Sled pulling/pushing is also great.