not loosing weight- can someone *kitten* my diet

Options
during the beginning of the year and some of February i was a faithful logger. I have not lost or gained a single lb. could someone look at my eating and food i have logged and tell me your thoughts? maybe you can guess why the scale isn't moving!
Thank you soooooo much!

Replies

• HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pro but I just looked at your diary. How have you calculated your daily estimate? Most people around here say TDEE-20% is the way to go. Also do you weigh your food? There can be a a lot of difference in measuring with cups vs weighing and it can add up over the day.
  • jillgurnon
    jillgurnon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jodi not sure if this helps but the trainers/nutrition people at the Weymouth Club say not to add your exercise onto myfitness pal, it messes up the numbers and makes you think you can eat/drink more when you can't. Keep doing the workouts but don't enter exercise on here. Just my thought :)
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In for *kitten*. Giggle.
  • meredithlouiseA
    Options
    I looked at your diet... it's ashame because it does seem like you're eating very clean! However, maybe instead of changing what you're eating, change how you're eating. I work with nutrionist... when you are trying to lost weight focus on low carb, high protein. I love bread and could eat it all day, but I don't cancel it out of my diet. Instead of choosing white bread, I eat everything on sandwich thins and make sure theyre 100% wheat. Also changing milk is good, although I am not lactose intolerant, soy milk can give you the same nutrients but with less calories! another tip to add.... protein carbs and fat ARE good for you.. but eat them all together.. so for breakfast make sure you have protein carb and a fat all on your plate. I do egg whites with cheese and then half a grapefruit. the fruit is my carb the cheese is my fat and the egg whites are my protein.... now of course an hour later I'm feeling hungry.. so grape a cheese stick and some strawberries..fat and a carb together! It tricks your body to digest the sugars with your protein and fat rather than when you just eat a carb by itself and do not burn them off soon after..all they do is sit in your body and digest as stored sugars. I'm not a genius but once I started eating the food groups together I noticed change! and don't forget..drinking 8 cups of water a day or 4 waterbottles, really does help with that quick first 5 pounds.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    #1 Question is: Do you weigh/measure all of your food?

The amount you eat is more important than what you eat, unless there is some underlying health condition.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would look at is how accurately you're logging. Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing portion sizes? There can be big differences between a measured portion and a weighed portion and many people find that they're eating more than they realize once they switch to a food scale. Weighing your food will always be the most accurate option.

Are the homemade and generic entries recipes you entered or are they someone else's entries? If you aren't entering your own recipes, your serving could be way more or fewer calories than their version and there's no way to know for sure.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look but I only saw a few days where you logged. I think I'd start with logging consistently and double check how many calories you should be eating in a day. If you're not losing weight eating 1700-1800 calories a day then odds are you're eating too much and not at an adequate deficit to lose weight.