Petite Girls! 5'2 and shorter! Weight Loss Done Right

Options
I'm a 5'2, 18 year old , female and I want to know what your opinion is for what a good weight is for shorter women. I know it depends on the individual but I'd like to get an idea from other women who are of the same height and what your personal weight goals are! I've looked on sites and did research but I get varying answers and I'd like to set a reasonable, healthy, goal weight for myself. What do you think is a good weight for 5'2 or shorter? What is your goal?

Replies

• english_geek007
    english_geek007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'2ish. Goal weight: 115 lbs.

Ideal weight for me would be anywhere from 110-118 depending on how compact my muscles are. I like to be a little curvy and want to retain my chest so that's my personal preference. I feel that anything above 120 puts me in the slightly chunky category. --I'm around 133ish right now.
  • Lohavio
    Lohavio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I read that Shakira is 5'2" and 125 lbs. I figure that if it works for her...

Also, I think strenght training is more important for shorties. We have less muscle to begin with so to get as much from it as possible it needs working.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and aiming for 127 lbs. Right now I have curves and a butt. Don't want to lose that. :)
  • caitlineatsbread
    caitlineatsbread Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 115 & I'm 5'2'' :) 10 pounds, + or -, goes a long way on a short frame.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 120 lbs. I think I'm good here. Just trying to firm it up a bit but overall I'm happy with my weight now.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". When I was in college I was at around 135 and I was happy there... it's on the high side of "normal" weight, but I was also very fit at that time and working out a lot so I think I looked thinner because of that. I'm hoping to eventually get down to that weight again, but I still have a ways to go. :/
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm hoping for about 118, but 120 is probably more realistic.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 120lbs.... only 13lbs to go :)

My focus has really changed now though - since I started (SW = 156lbs) I've really gotten into fitness and love running and weights so my focus is more on improving with them now than getting to a specific number.
  • afrye976
    afrye976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im 5'" and started my weight loss mission at my highest 135...first goal is 122, and 2nd goal is 117.
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 110 and for me it's perfect. I have no curves and have to just accept that. I don't gain weight in my chest/butt, it all goes to my middle (yuck!) so I am learning to love just being tiny and getting more toned.
  • littlelatina19
    littlelatina19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,1 and I'm aiming for 120lbs. That's the weight I was before I started pigging out on whole cereal boxes :/ I'm 134lbs now, so that 14lbs to loose
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" is range and my goal weight range is 125-130. I am currently on the high end of that range. I set that goal with the help of my personal trainer and myself based on the goals I wanted reach. It's funny now that I have lost the weight I really just want to be able to have really defined muscles.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my "I hope I get at least this far" goal is 125, the very top of my range. Ideally, I'd like to eventually be closer to 115. We'll see how well I can do.
  • BlueDaisy717
    BlueDaisy717 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to 120 pounds and see how I feel there :)
  • cheekyraspberry
    cheekyraspberry Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" -- right now I'm shooting for around 130 and at that point will decide if I want to lose more. I'm not trying to get to a size 0. I like my curves. When I used to be around 140 I was a size 6, and I was comfortable there.
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I was at 118 for my wedding a few years ago, and I definitely still had some fluff in the belly area that I could get rid of. I'm currently shooting for 110, and seeing what I look like at that weight.

It definitely matters how much you tone, though! At our height, we could weigh 120 and look skinnier than 110 because the extra 10 pounds was actually muscle, and you were at a smaller fat percentage. Once 120 hits, I'd start paying attention to the measurements more than the scale number.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    At 5'1 my doc told me 140 ish was good for me but I'm a little bit top heavy and that goes no where.
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my goal is between 110-115. I have a bit of a booty so I don't want to lose that. My lowest weight was 122 and I liked the way I looked at that weight..I'm bobbling around 138 right now..and I do not like it at all.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm aiming for 120.