Jillian Michaels kicked my *kitten*

Options
So I've been hearing all about this 30 day shred thing, and I think there's even a challenge about it this month too, right? Well it's on Comcast On Demand right now so I said to my husband - "hey, let's do this! We love Jillian!" (biggest loser fans) So he says "yeah! Let's start September 1st!"

To prepare for this, we watch it with the sound off August 31. Doesn't look so bad.... less than a half hour....

So we wake up early yesterday and start her up. Within 5 minutes my husband is on the floor convulsing (ok not really) and I'm screaming at the TV. I hate Jillian. I love Jillian. I'm never going to do it again. I'm going to do it every day.

One cool thing that came out of yesterday is I did the entire workout with 2 pound weights, while my husband sat out a couple of exercises and NO weights. I'm tougher than the tough guy Italian!! HAHA!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going to try to do whatever level is available every day for 30 days.... I am pretty sore today but I think I can do it. Go me. :tongue:

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So I've been hearing all about this 30 day shred thing, and I think there's even a challenge about it this month too, right? Well it's on Comcast On Demand right now so I said to my husband - "hey, let's do this! We love Jillian!" (biggest loser fans) So he says "yeah! Let's start September 1st!"

To prepare for this, we watch it with the sound off August 31. Doesn't look so bad.... less than a half hour....

So we wake up early yesterday and start her up. Within 5 minutes my husband is on the floor convulsing (ok not really) and I'm screaming at the TV. I hate Jillian. I love Jillian. I'm never going to do it again. I'm going to do it every day.

One cool thing that came out of yesterday is I did the entire workout with 2 pound weights, while my husband sat out a couple of exercises and NO weights. I'm tougher than the tough guy Italian!! HAHA!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going to try to do whatever level is available every day for 30 days.... I am pretty sore today but I think I can do it. Go me. :tongue:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Go Go Go!!! You just keep showing your husband up! Good job!
  • amylynne26
    Options
    <
    this chick is stronger than him. heee heeee.... :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Ooo....is it free or you have to buy? (I love the OnDemand!!)
  • amylynne26
    Options

Ooo....is it free or you have to buy? (I love the OnDemand!!)

FREE!! Had to start Level 2 (only 2 and 3 are avail.) but I followed the easier moves.
  • Fab140
    Options
    oooo....ok! cool. I might try that tonight instead of my Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing.....

O, wait. Does it require weights? I left mine in storage when we moved last (we just started at a gym).
  • beckylynn
    Options
    There is also one on the comcast on depend by the guy trainer from the biggest loser that was intense. I think it was called cardio blast. It was intense but i felt so good afterwards.
  • amylynne26
    Options
    No weights required. Just ask my husband. :laugh: oooh shouldn't make fun.... not nice....

and yep, Bob's got a couple on their too. Under exercise TV. I watched one of his he had a bunch of people from last season in it.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Oooo...wicked.

I'll just use my cats if I need! I imagine the little brats will be under foot the ENTIRE time.:grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, might have to try this on my non-gym days!! :bigsmile:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    come join our challenge!!!:happy:

Happy to have you!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Has anyone tried the DVD from the Biggest Loser? I saw it at Target and was considering it...just want to see how challenging it is.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well look at you!! Does that mean I'll have to go to the gym myself now? :ohwell: Didn't know my sil was such a wuss! :laugh: Don't tell him I said that. Still love him. :bigsmile:
  • amylynne26
    Options
    Well look at you!! Does that mean I'll have to go to the gym myself now? :ohwell: Didn't know my sil was such a wuss! :laugh: Don't tell him I said that. Still love him. :bigsmile:

:devil: :devil: :devil: your son in law was crying like a little girl!! It was hilarious!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    O, wait. Does it require weights? I left mine in storage when we moved last (we just started at a gym).

Girls in the bodystyling class use soda bottles (a pint) filled in with water. Some might have sand there, donno. I use the wrist weights that my hubby bought for himself, but almost never uses :laugh:

Otherwise, just make a fist and work out like that.

I'm in Europe, no free Jillian Michaels for me :ohwell: . Yet, I've got Uni aerobics :happy: .

Well, enjoy!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    amy you should join the challenge with us. We are all doing the shred for 30 days and posting about our experiences and losses! I really like circuit training kind of stuff. I think that guys would like it too. I am trying to convince my hubs to do it. The moves are simple, no hard to follow aerobic type dance moves! I like it so far, it is only day 2 though-2 down 28 to go!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well maybe the wuss er I mean son-in-law can go to the gym with me. :laugh: