2 Part challenge... LET's Kick *kitten* for July 4th!

Options
Alright, so... from 2 different challenges I accepted, a few friends and I have decided to take part in either both or just one.

Part 1 is lose 15 or 10 pounds by July 4, which is 42 days starting Monday the 23rd.... TOMORROW.:laugh:

Now one thing that has helped me lose 10 pounds in 27 days was a challenge I took on from Bru and that was burning 30,000 Calories before May 31st... Started that April 26th and it has been challenging:sad: and fun:bigsmile: ... burning calories in any way possible that is extra activity:laugh: ... You would be surprised some of the things you start wanting to do besides sitting around like you usually do in your free time! It is great stuff! :devil:

so,,,, Part 2 is to burn 30,000 in June or let's make it by July 4th since that is the weight challenge end date... ? Sound good? :glasses: Gives us a few extra days for a not so daunting daily average to burn!

My 30,000 calories to burn starts June 1st, since I am still chipping away at the 30,000 for May! :sick:
But if you want to start tomorrow, you could start the 30,000 tomorrow, or if you are competitive, you can add a 1,000 a day from tomorrow thru the end of May... which would add 9,000 calories to the challenge. It is completely up to you :huh:
Who is in????

Replies

• jpkenned
    jpkenned Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want in! I have fallen off the wagon lately and am starting back up tomorrow! I have 15 to lose before my July 4th vacation!

My goal will be 39,000 thru the end of June! :) will you be tracking this?
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    sounds good!!! I'm in!! my goal would be about 39000 too!!
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in 30,000 calories and 10 lbs or more by the 4th of July sounds like a good challenge and good way to stay motivated at the gym.
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    IM IN TOO, WILL YOU BE TRACKING THIS OR TRACK IT ON OUR OWN? I WILL BE TRACKING IT ON MY OWN THOUGH..
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Im in. My wife thinks I am obsessive about this but I think it will be fun to have something to keep me motivated. We had a 3500 calories in a week challenge and I am around 300 short. Doing that challenge kept me motivated to keep going. I spent my weekend outside enjoying the weather instead of taking naps and sitting on the computer. Even if I don't completely make it this will be fun to keep me going
  • lmtrevin
    lmtrevin Posts: 18
    Options
    I am definitely in for the 30,000 cals by July 4th. I really need some motivation to get back on track!! This is going to help me work towards a concrete daily number. :)
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey... that's my goal 10 lbs by the 4th. I'll take the challenge. It will help me to focus. Thanks!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    So glad so many are in!!:) YAY!
    I will not be keeping track of anyone's stuff... I can barely keep up with my own;) I know we are all responsible adults. It def helps me stay challenged knowing so many people have heard me publicly say I am in... It helps that I get a lil competitive, and like hell if I don't finish this challenge sort of thing... so if that is you too, then let's do it!

A tip for help if you are new... under reports you can print out your progress with calories burned... I also have a simple excel spreadsheet that just simply has dates and spaces inbetween for subtracting calories burned that day, kinda like a check book balance.

LET's Rock this!!!!
  • dkrioux
    Options
    we can always check in if we need encouragment, etc!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I don't know if I'll lose 10 lbs but I'm gonna burn 30,000 cals. YAY!! Looks like I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow :wink:
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Sounds great ;} I am in !
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I'm in for 15 lbs lost and 39,000 calories burned! (:
  • brightandshiny
    Options
    I am SO in! I really need the help to keep me motivated! I too have fallen off the wagon, gaining 3 pounds in the last 2 months! Grrrr! Please help me!
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I say we all check in on Mondays! Just to for the encouragements and to keep us a little more accountable =)
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Question.. Do you only count exercise calories? (that's all I usually count) Or does cleaning the house ect count? Just planning my day :)
  • dkrioux
    Options
    I say we all check in on Mondays! Just to for the encouragements and to keep us a little more accountable =)
    That is a great Idea! I think it will def help:)
  • dkrioux
    Options
    Question.. Do you only count exercise calories? (that's all I usually count) Or does cleaning the house ect count? Just planning my day :)
    I count anything that is extra from my normal routine... If I clean every saturday, then I don't count that, but if I am going to clear out the garage and do spring cleaning... I def count that...

I think it is encouragment to get off our butts in our free time and get active! We start to enjoy things... go bowling! have sex in the woods! go wash your own car instead of getting it done! Go for a moonlit stroll after dinner! The possibilities are endless!:)

Let's have some fun!:)
  • dkrioux
    Options
    I am SO in! I really need the help to keep me motivated! I too have fallen off the wagon, gaining 3 pounds in the last 2 months! Grrrr! Please help me!
    Let's do it!!:)
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Wish everyone the best of luck ;} Anyone who joins the challenge feel free to send me a friend request !!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    OK.. I am in! I will try for the 30,000 part too, but am definitely doing the first part!!