Kick in the *kitten* Needed

Options
So its summer, I've been looking forward to it all year.
Aside from the fact that I'm off from work, this was the time I was going to lose my final 10lbs and tone up to pretty much perfection.

But I have hit such a major bump in the road: motivation. or lack of it.
I get in my regular runs and standard strength circuit, but I cant seem to push myself beyond that.
I'm just hot, tired, lazy etc

I need some serious motivation and that kick in the *kitten* or I will really be furious with myself when summer is over.

HELP, please!!!

I think a big part of the problem is not having a set plan.
If anyone has an INTENSE workout that WORKS- please share.
I'm desperate!!!

Replies

• MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    I am on my 6th day today of 30 day shred with Jullian Michaels. If you can find that workout at walmart then I can tell you that is a great one. It has 3 different levels (each one harder then the last) and although the workouts only lasts 20 minutes it is a great workout. So if you have not tried it before that will put you in a schedule, you are suppose to do it for 30 days.

So, get to working out or you will feel regret all summer instead of enjoying the season that you looked forward to all year.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    HILL SPRINTS. Seriously, set a plan to run X number of hill sprints per day, 3x a week. Then stick to it. If you arent half dead by the first two or 3, you're more of a man than I am.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *please explain hill sprints for the less literate members of MFP? (i.e. myself...)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Its in my signature....

"Wanna know about my HIIT training for Cardio?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Avalonis/view/my-hiit-training-fun-116501 "
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I needed one too. I've been traveling a lot and have been out on my routine. I watch a great movie last night on Netflix and it helped get me going again.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/285721-juicing

It seems like you work out plenty hard, have you thought about changing up your diet? In the movie they talk about rebooting your system.

Just a thought...
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I hate running so I added rope jumping for my intervals on the treadmill.
    It's kicking my butt.
    And it's fun!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    HILL SPRINTS. Seriously, set a plan to run X number of hill sprints per day, 3x a week. Then stick to it. If you arent half dead by the first two or 3, you're more of a man than I am.

lmao. thanks!
    i do speed intervals once a week, and incline intervals once a week, but never thought to combine the 2, will give it a shot first thing tomorrow morning.
    what speed, what incline should i aim for?
    just beware, you'll probably be on my **** list when i'm done.

really though, i am looking for an effective workout other than running. so far running is still working for me.

katschi - elaborate pls. i do 100jumps between sets when i do strength training to keep my heart rate up. give me more, i'd love to try it!

tiger - notice i pulled insanity out of my signature :( maybe its time to jump back on board. how have u been doing?
    gonna check out that link after i eat my lunch ;)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    So, get to working out or you will feel regret all summer instead of enjoying the season that you looked forward to all year.

THAT is right on target.
    (the 30day shred thing though is not so much for me. i bought it a couple of months ago after hearing so much about it on MFP and sadly I really really dont like it. I find it boring and redundant. i even did levels 2&3 back to back for 5 days, and nothing....)
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking..
    I've been traveling a lot with the fam and not having good food choices -- like in huge convention centers watching volleyball all day for 7 days straight. I'm back home now catching up.. had a hard time getting back into the routine but I'm officially motivated again. Just a minor delay..ha

Remember on 10lbs... some experts believe 80% food / 20% exercise is the ratio on weight loss. Hope this helps.