Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Well *kitten*.

I gained 5 pounds. I'd love to be able to say, oh I was on vacation, blah blah blah, (which I was) but it is entirely my own fault. I kept thinking oh, I'll start up again when I get back home, there's no healthy food here anyway. Stupid me :grumble: But, hey, I had lost 15 so far, so it shouldn't be too hard to lose that 5 again. Kind of in need of some motivation though. Anyone? D:

Replies

• Everyone has their off weeks, but for me I am shooting for a lifestyle change. So vacation, weekend, holidays, I still want/need to make the right choices, and I know you can too! Just don't let this ruin your progress, get back on the horse, and work that much harder this week! (((((((((HUGS)))))))))
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Don't fret too much. I was "on vacation" for four days and seemed to gain 10 entire pounds! It was mostly water weight, though, and went away within a week. Try to relax, get back on track, and don't weigh yourself again for a while.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back at it first thing tomorrow. :happy: No point in kicking yourself, it doesn't help you any.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Its never to late to start over or get back on track. Each day is a new day and we learn from our mistakes. I lost 40 pounds and put 15 back on due to emotional eating. I'm trying to change that but its not easy when you've been doing it your whole life....but we'll get there with all of the support and encouragement on here. You can do it!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Water weight is usually the majority of weight gained on vacation.
  • tomorrow is a new day :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Logically I know these things. It seems that during these past four days my sloth and my gluttony were fighting my brain, and they won. Blah.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Girl don't be so hard on yourself! You did lose 15 pounds afterall so that means you can do this! We have to remember that we have to live life along the way and being on vacation is living life!!! Be glad you only gained 5 pounds and not the whole 15! Just get back on track and do this! Good luck!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Stop whining! I willed it on you for being Rick Polled.

Remember it. Don't let a setback stop you. And keep moving forward. You can do this,
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    With the stock market they say "The only price that matters is when you buy and when you sell." With MFP, the only weight that matters is where you start and when you quit......keep going. You'll be back on track real soon
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Tomorrow's a new day. Be sure to drink lots of water, up it to 10-12 glasses to help rehydrate and flush your system. Don't let this throw you off track, use it as a learning opportunity and go forward from here.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Stop whining! I willed it on you for being Rick Polled.

Remember it. Don't let a setback stop you. And keep moving forward. You can do this,

Thank you. I needed a good slap in the face.

Thank you to everyone else as well. I can do this. Just a bit of anxiety is all. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    it is entirely my own fault

Yup. that shows to me you are going to kick *kitten*.
  • acmiranda7
    acmiranda7 Posts: 26 Member
    Just get back on program and dont be too hard on yourself. It happens :drinker:
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    With the stock market they say "The only price that matters is when you buy and when you sell." With MFP, the only weight that matters is where you start and when you quit......keep going. You'll be back on track real soon

Great analogy!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You'll be fine. Just get back to what you were doing before. Eat better, start working out, and drink lots of water.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    I gained 6 on a long weekend, but it was mostly water. It would be really hard to gain that much real weight that fast. I drank a lot of water and ate well for the next week and it was gone, along with another pound. Just get back on track and it will come off quickly.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Everyday is brand new. :) Just learn from it and move on. Believe in yourself and you'll do great!
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    girl u can do it :^) vacations seem to do that anyways lol dont feel so bad about it, it just happens
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    I bet it would really help you if you kept your food diary! It gives you an idea of how you're doing so you aren't surprised when you take a few steps off of the path. You can make it private so you can be honest and no one else will see it.

But, I'm sure you will get right back on track and do a fantastic job. As others said, you've done it before and it could just be water retention. You're gonna be an MFP Star!